Taoyuans County's best opens Tonight:

Post your northern Taiwan events here! (Events in Taipei and Xinbei should be posted in the Taipei / Xinbei Events forum.)
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in northern Taiwan (but not Taipei/Xinbei). Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Taoyuans County's best opens Tonight:

Postby Wookiee » 26 Jan 2006, 19:56

For all of us living in Taoyuan County, the entertainment world has justed been upped a full notch. Azul's R&B, located at #375 Jung Feng Road, opens tonight. Full Restaurant, Sports bar, live music, pool and darts spread out over 3 floors.

To get there from Taoyuan or Zhongli simply take the No#1 freeway south to the 66 expressway heading east, and take the Jung feng exit. Turn right and go straight for about 4km until you see a Mcdonalds on your left with an Elementary School across. Azul's R&B is next to the school in a unique circular building that is impossible to miss.

North from Hsinchu simply head North on the freeway unitil you hit the 66 turnoff heading east and follow the directions above.

This will be the premier hang out in Taoyuan County, so come pay a visit...Open from 5:30 onwards Tuesday through Sunday.

We have the best bar Pool table in Taoyuan county...Full stop.

More later...

For more details please PM Wookie...
--
......... __ o
.........-\<,
......(O) (O)...........
Forumosan avatar
Wookiee
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
8 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 26 Jan 2006, 22:21

Good luck.

I'll be there soon enough, but not tonight!

peace

jds
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby mingshah » 26 Jan 2006, 22:37

A really nice place to go and that's not only because I almost live there. We will for sure come back again and enjoy it. It was also a pleasure to meet you Wookie and Good Luck for the future.
The Beauty of Taiwan: http://youtu.be/LfVzQzzAF-M
mingshah
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

19 Recognized(s)

Postby TaiwanSaffies » 27 Jan 2006, 13:39

Maps! Maps! Maps!

We need MAPS! :taz:

Where's Truant when we need him?

Best of luck waking up the folks in Taoyuan! :lol:
http://www.taiwansaffies.com

THE (original, one and only) Online Home of South Africans in Taiwan.
Forumosan avatar
TaiwanSaffies
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby Wookiee » 31 Jan 2006, 17:38

TaiwanSaffies wrote:Maps! Maps! Maps!

We need MAPS! :taz:

Where's Truant when we need him?

Best of luck waking up the folks in Taoyuan! :lol:

Tell me where you're coming from and I'll give you specific directions.

phone# (03) 480 1001
--
......... __ o
.........-\<,
......(O) (O)...........
Forumosan avatar
Wookiee

ORIGINAL POSTER
8 Recognized(s)

Postby Bodo » 22 Jul 2006, 03:42

Hey I heard that Syd from Canada by way of Kingston, Jamaica is involved in this business. Can this be true?! Syd! You are STILL there? Good on ya mon. This is a shout out from someone in your distant past. I knew ye way back when . . . you were a newbie English Teacher 1993. Send me a PM, I'd love to catch up with ya.

Bodo
"She would of been a good woman if it had been somebody there to shoot her every minute of her life." -- Flannery O'Connor, short story, "The Misfit"
Bodo
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

1 Recommends(s)

Postby brianbrandt » 08 Aug 2006, 10:03

Hi...
Is it possible to get from Taoyuan to the place on scooter ?
Or maybe a bus ?

cheers, Brian
brianbrandt
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby Surf » 23 Aug 2006, 01:05

Hey Brian,
Ya you can get to it by scooter. Just take the old Highway 1 from Taoyuan to Zhongli. Once in Zhongli then head to the train station. From there head under the station and up. Once out of the tunnel turn right on the first road. Follow it as it slow curves(many blocks), then turn right when you get to a funny 5 way intersection. Don't make a "U" turn onto the immediate right though. Then stay to your right, don't take the underpass, you will see you have to then turn left to go over the underpass. Take it and then follow that road for about 10 minutes(depends on speed though). It is called Chung Fong Road. It will pass through a small town with a Mcdonalds on your right and then down a small hill. Continue on until you see another Mcdonalds on you left. Then look to your right a little ahead and you will see Azul's. It is right on the corner in a round 3 story building(stand alone one). Go in and have a great time. For me the trip would take about 30 min. maybe(I ride fast). You I am not too sure. Once you know the way it will be a lot faster. Budget 45+ the first time though. Take care and see you there. Hope this helps and is not too complicated.

By train, take it to Zhongli and get off. Across the street is the bus station. Take the bus going to Longtan down Chung Fong Road, not sure the number. Get off as you see the second Mcdonalds. You can see it from there. Later.
What's this world coming to? 4X4 till you drop or roll. Jeep sold, am in pain. Starting a new life!
Surf
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

Postby MJB » 23 Aug 2006, 01:51

Surf wrote:Hey Brian,
Ya you can get to it by scooter. Just take the old Highway 1 from Taoyuan to Zhongli. Once in Zhongli (Zhongli) then head to the train station. From there head under the station and up. Once out of the tunnel turn right on the first road. Follow it as it slow curves(many blocks), then turn right when you get to a funny 5 way intersection. Don't make a "U" turn onto the immediate right though. Then stay to your right, don't take the underpass, you will see you have to then turn left to go over the underpass. Take it and then follow that road for about 10 minutes(depends on speed though).

Hmm...

The rest of this post is spot on for directions, with the exception of what I've quoted above.

You don't need to go to the Train station, and you'll save much time by just staying on provencial highway one all the way through Zhongli. Once you have passed through most of Downtown Zhongli you'll see a large Police station on your left, with an elementary school on your right (and a footbridge). From there, Jung feng Road is the third light. Hang a left, and then follow the previous posters directions to Azul's.

30 minutes by scooter from Taoyuan? That's pretty optimistic. Give it 50 minutes to an hour depending on where in Taoyuan you are coming from and how fast you ride. Azuls place is in Longtan, a pretty long jaunt by scooter from Taoyuan city.
Nemo enim fere saltat sobrius, nisi forte insanit
MJB
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

6 Recognized(s)

Postby Surf » 04 Sep 2006, 11:53

Yeh, take the bridge that goes over the tracks. That is Chung Fong road. That is easier, but I thought the train station might be a good reference. The place you turn left at is a funny angled intersection with a large park on your right(kitty corner right that is), if you follow the new instructions. You come to another big school on your left and then a bridge if you go to far. Just watch for the bridge over the train tracks on your left. That is the correct road. Hey MJB, you and I made it from Taipei to Zhongli in 50min. on our bikes. Taoyuan to Zhongli/Longtan no sweat(ha,ha).
What's this world coming to? 4X4 till you drop or roll. Jeep sold, am in pain. Starting a new life!
Surf

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Northern Taiwan Events