Wuliao Jian: Definitely NOT a Boring Hike!! June 18

Post your northern Taiwan events here! (Events in Taipei and Xinbei should be posted in the Taipei / Xinbei Events forum.)
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in northern Taiwan (but not Taipei/Xinbei). Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Re: Wuliao Jian: Definitely NOT a Boring Hike!! June 10

Postby Omniloquacious » 05 Jun 2006, 13:49

Muzha Man wrote: Omni, you have been quiet lately. Hope you can make it.

It's unlikely, I'm afraid. I'm taking a much-needed week's holiday starting today, and am off to the east coast tomorrow in my car. My travel plans are open-ended, so I don't know whether or not I'll be back by Saturday, but I hope the trip and weather will be good enough that I'm not.
Forumosan avatar
Omniloquacious
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

62 Recommends(s)
186 Recognized(s)

Re: Wuliao Jian: Definitely NOT a Boring Hike!! June 10

Postby Mucha Man » 05 Jun 2006, 14:18

Omniloquacious wrote:
Muzha Man wrote: Omni, you have been quiet lately. Hope you can make it.

It's unlikely, I'm afraid. I'm taking a much-needed week's holiday starting today, and am off to the east coast tomorrow in my car. My travel plans are open-ended, so I don't know whether or not I'll be back by Saturday, but I hope the trip and weather will be good enough that I'm not.

Oh, too bad. Do let us know what you see and do on the coast though as I am planning a similar trip at the end of the month (though only for 3 days or so).
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
636 Recognized(s)

Postby Limey » 05 Jun 2006, 14:59

I loved this hike when we did it last time! It's on Saturday this week, so no-can-do :(

BTW, I'm leaving in two months, we'll have to get together before that, fellow tree huggers. :banana:

L.
If A equals success then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z; where X is work, Y is play and Z is keep your mouth shut.

A. Einstein
Forumosan avatar
Limey
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

amazing

Postby snafu » 07 Jun 2006, 06:33

the pictures look amazing, this is my first time coming on a hike so excuse the silly question. What will you guys do if it rains ?
Forumosan avatar
snafu
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Re: amazing

Postby Mucha Man » 07 Jun 2006, 11:22

snafu wrote:the pictures look amazing, this is my first time coming on a hike so excuse the silly question. What will you guys do if it rains ?

Not a silly, but a sensible, question. For this hike, we won't go. It's just not possible in the rain, or even after a rain, as you have probably guessed already.

For others, we sometimes still go, depending on the trail. Often you can carry an umbrella, or wear a raincoat. This time of year you have to be careful though because the rains or torrential and can cause floods or landslides. On the other hand, it is also warn enough that getting a bit wet doesn't matter much.

With the weather report the way it is, it is very unlikely this hike will happen. I will post the final word Friday night. If the weather is still questionable I might change the plan to a Muzha hike where the trails are safe even in the rain.

BTW, welcome to the club.
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
636 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 09 Jun 2006, 16:08

Well, the forecast is too lousy. No way to do this one. Let's hope for next week. In any case, now Ironman can join us.
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
636 Recognized(s)

Postby Chris » 09 Jun 2006, 17:37

Any alternatives for tomorrow?

Or is the weather going to be really bad?
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

78 Recommends(s)
169 Recognized(s)

Postby snafu » 09 Jun 2006, 19:59

Chris wrote:Any alternatives for tomorrow?

Looks pretty bad to me, thunderstorms and showers.
http://wwwa.accuweather.com/world-forec ... 2&metric=1

the 31 degrees don't help either :(
Forumosan avatar
snafu

Postby Mucha Man » 09 Jun 2006, 23:31

snafu wrote:
Chris wrote:Any alternatives for tomorrow?

Looks pretty bad to me, thunderstorms and showers.
http://wwwa.accuweather.com/world-forec ... 2&metric=1

the 31 degrees don't help either :(

Oh 31 is a nice temp as long as you aren't out on a ridge the whole time (oh wait, Wuliao Jian is a ridge hike).

Anyway, the weather bureau was forecasting up to 2 inches of rain tomorrow.
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
636 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 15 Jun 2006, 12:39

Okay, we are going to try again this Sunday June 18. I believe the weather will cooperate.

We'll want to meet in Sanxia around 10. Those coming from Taoyuan can go directly to Sanxia and meet us at the traffic triangle just before the turnoff for Belgian Pie. Those of us coming from Taipei will probably have to take the MRT out to Yongning Station and then a cab.

I know the rats are in. Who else?
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
636 Recognized(s)

PreviousNext

x

Return to Northern Taiwan Events