Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Go-Kart outing this Saturday (06/17)

Post your northern Taiwan events here! (Events in Taipei and Xinbei should be posted in the Taipei / Xinbei Events forum.)
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in northern Taiwan (but not Taipei/Xinbei). Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Postby stare » 16 Jun 2006, 10:30

Still not sure how to get there from Taichung. Could you give directions to the go kart area if I were to leave from Taichung Gang Road and Wenshin Road. I'm not sure where the Coastal Highway is. Thanks for any extra directions.

stare
stare
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby ratlung » 16 Jun 2006, 10:43

stare wrote:Still not sure how to get there from Taichung. Could you give directions to the go kart area if I were to leave from Taichung Gang Road and Wenshin Road. I'm not sure where the Coastal Highway is. Thanks for any extra directions.

stare

If you take the car from Taichung, you can probably take freeway #3 North and take the Zhunan exit. Hwy 61 should be marked on the signs there, but I am not 100% sure as I am not that frequently in that area. But if you look at a map, Freeway #3 crosses Hwy61 at the coast by Zhunan. Freeway #3 makes a turn away from the coast at the intersection.
Forumosan avatar
ratlung
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby ratlung » 17 Jun 2006, 09:32

Weather looks fabulous today. Anybody else up for a go-kart race after a great lunch? We will be there, so let me know.
Forumosan avatar
ratlung

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby ratlung » 17 Jun 2006, 10:41

I just checked mordeth directions on a map, and they actually pass by the train station very closely, just on the opposite side of the restaurant. So when you come into Zhunan, you will see a rather new, large bridge on the right that goes over the train tracks. Go over that bridge follow the ring road which bends to the left. Here it gets tricky. I think there are little blue signs for the train stations, turn left. If I remember correctly, the roads narrows down by a 7-11, turn right there, this should be the road with the restaurant. But if you get close to the train station, give me a call.

PM me for phone numbers.
Forumosan avatar
ratlung

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby ratlung » 19 Jun 2006, 10:32

Go-Karting was fun. Thanks for the challenging race mordeth, it is really hard to keep up with you. I think I will have to loose 20kg before next time. :oops:

Also thanks to L & A for joining us, was nice meeting you, and the swim after the race was just perfect.
Forumosan avatar
ratlung

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby ratbrain » 19 Jun 2006, 12:07

yes, go-karting was awesome. now that I have that tip about how to take that curve, i really want to go back. and, yes, the next day my back and arms were sore.
Forumosan avatar
ratbrain
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

Postby Joesox » 19 Jun 2006, 12:16

Well, us Taichungers are still up for a "Speedy Hour" Forumosa go-kart gathering at Rosso's place in Taichung, and it would be great to see you people down here for that!
Joesox
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

7 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby ratlung » 20 Jun 2006, 07:36

joesax wrote:Well, us Taichungers are still up for a "Speedy Hour" Forumosa go-kart gathering at Rosso's place in Taichung, and it would be great to see you people down here for that!

If there is such an event in Taichung, I would try to make it out there.
Forumosan avatar
ratlung

ORIGINAL POSTER

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Northern Taiwan Events