Bizarro Happy Hour : Hsinchu, Sunday Dec 02

Post your northern Taiwan events here! (Events in Taipei and Xinbei should be posted in the Taipei / Xinbei Events forum.)
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in northern Taiwan (but not Taipei/Xinbei). Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Postby 914 » 30 Nov 2007, 19:00

Ever the giver, Truant you...never a taker.

The "gift" that keeps on giving. Tres genereux.
Forumosan avatar
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

Location: YVR to SFO to TPE; Now in semi-retirement in Sky Mother
35 Recommends(s)
38 Recognized(s)

Postby Truant » 30 Nov 2007, 19:13

You sure are posting in our timezone a lot, 914.
The best learning Chinese flashcards in the world are available in Taiwan at http://www.silkwormpress.com
Forumosan avatar
Truant
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby cfimages » 30 Nov 2007, 21:27

So who's planning to go by HSR? I had been going to take the normal train, but looking at the timetable, I'd need to leave my place around lunchtime as there's a lack of mountain line express trains from here to Hsinchu on a Sunday afternoon. So I might take the HSR instead, it's only $200 more. So if there's going to be a few people wanting to share cabs from the HSR, I'll probably do that.
Forumosan avatar
cfimages
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

217 Recommends(s)
213 Recognized(s)

Postby Truant » 30 Nov 2007, 21:51

cfimages wrote:So who's planning to go by HSR?
I know of at least two Taxi loads, maybe more. See you at 16.04.
The best learning Chinese flashcards in the world are available in Taiwan at http://www.silkwormpress.com
Forumosan avatar
Truant

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby llary » 01 Dec 2007, 19:21

After today's very fun track day and a 2 1/2 hour ride each way I don't think I can manage another trip tomorrow on top of work. Hsinchu isn't too far from Taipei anyway so I might as well just catch y'all at the next Taipei outing.
llary
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

29 Recognized(s)

Postby Truant » 01 Dec 2007, 19:51

llary wrote:After today's very fun track day and a 2 1/2 hour ride each way I don't think I can manage another trip tomorrow on top of work. Hsinchu (Xinzhu) isn't too far from Taipei anyway so I might as well just catch y'all at the next Taipei outing.

3 letters for you: HSR
Forumosan avatar
Truant

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby cfimages » 01 Dec 2007, 23:12

I'm going to take the HSR so will meet the taxi crew just after 4. I might go a little earlier to take a few photos in and around the station, so if I'm not at the meeting place when everyone arrives, I'll be somewhere close by. My number is 0915 769 739 - someone give me a call if you can't find me at 4.
Forumosan avatar
cfimages

217 Recommends(s)
213 Recognized(s)

Postby almas john » 02 Dec 2007, 10:16

I have to show some overseas visitors the delights of rural Tainan, so I won't be able to make it today. Enjoy the good company and beverages. :beer:
almas john
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

24 Recommends(s)
60 Recognized(s)

Postby Truant » 02 Dec 2007, 10:39

cfimages wrote:someone give me a call if you can't find me at 4.

OK, got the number.
Forumosan avatar
Truant

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby mingshah » 02 Dec 2007, 12:56

Ok guys, I survived my game, barely and with a big blue toe but still no reason to not go. I will drive my car and will go first to the HSR station, might be able to give some guys a ride in a dirty car.
Just need ti get my first photo for the Taipei Times finished before I can leave. :D
The Beauty of Taiwan: http://youtu.be/LfVzQzzAF-M
mingshah
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

19 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Northern Taiwan Events