Mexico Sabroso (Zhongli)

Post your northern Taiwan events here! (Events in Taipei and Xinbei should be posted in the Taipei / Xinbei Events forum.)
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in northern Taiwan (but not Taipei/Xinbei). Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Postby MexicoSabroso » 07 May 2008, 19:32

Hi Poagao! It was great having you and Price Roy over, thank you for your visit! We have just completed our new menu with a few new great Mexican delicacies. I will be publishing here shortly. Thanks!

Isa
Come enjoy genuine Mexican Food, right in the heart of Taiwan. All food made daily by Mexican Chef. Great Atmosphere, fun music, clean and irresistable prices! Visit us here: www.mexicosabroso.net
MexicoSabroso
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby xtrain » 08 May 2008, 19:07

Isa's having trouble posting the new menu, so I'll give it a shot.

By xtrain_01

You can stop by his website as well.
Looking for a place to happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
Forumosan avatar
xtrain
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
42 Recommends(s)
4 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 08 May 2008, 19:38

That menu just looks amazing! I can't wait to try it.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby xtrain » 03 Jul 2008, 12:45

Hi all,

Just a note to mention that Mexico Sabroso has altered hours of operation for the summer. Closed for lunch Mon-Wed, but open from 5-11PM (now there's time to sit down after work and enjoy a beer and a taco). Thurs-Sun open from 11:30-2 for lunch, and 5-11 for dinner.

Isa also asked me to say thanks to everyone who has come out to patronize his place. The number of people making return trips from Taipei has been impressive.
Forumosan avatar
xtrain

ORIGINAL POSTER
42 Recommends(s)
4 Recognized(s)

Re: Mexico Sabroso (Zhongli)

Postby MexicoSabroso » 26 Aug 2008, 11:36

Hello every one! Im Isa Bayardo from Mexico Sabroso, I would like to thank everyone who has supported our restaurant in Zhongli! Due to the tremendous success we are having, we will open a new one in Tianmu, Taipei this September.

More Info:

WWW.ELGALLOTW.COM
Come enjoy genuine Mexican Food, right in the heart of Taiwan. All food made daily by Mexican Chef. Great Atmosphere, fun music, clean and irresistable prices! Visit us here: www.mexicosabroso.net
MexicoSabroso

Postby Joesox » 17 Apr 2010, 18:51

Anyone know whether Mexico Sabroso in Zhongli is still open? The website seems to have changed hands.
Joesox
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

7 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby xtrain » 21 Apr 2010, 04:03

AFAIK, the place has changed hands. I'm a little out of the loop, as we've been back in Vancouver for almost 2 years.

Isa is still running El Gallo fulltime, and looking to expand operations.
Forumosan avatar
xtrain

ORIGINAL POSTER
42 Recommends(s)
4 Recognized(s)

Postby TheGingerMan » 21 Apr 2010, 10:02

I think it's a noodle shop now. Or something similiar.
"Turne ye to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope,
even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee:"

~~~ZECHARIAH 9:12

"Or fill high hawkfell of my hand,
with skalds reward for skilled word?"

~~~Egill Skallagrimssøn, c.974

"Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest."
~~~elektronisk
Forumosan avatar
TheGingerMan
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)

4 Recommends(s)
221 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Northern Taiwan Events