The Beet Bar, Grand Opening Saturday, Zhongli, Taoyuan

Post your northern Taiwan events here! (Events in Taipei and Xinbei should be posted in the Taipei / Xinbei Events forum.)
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in northern Taiwan (but not Taipei/Xinbei). Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

The Beet Bar, Grand Opening Saturday, Zhongli, Taoyuan

Postby rk1951 » 16 Jun 2008, 17:15

I wanted everyone to know that there is a new bar/pub in Zhongli called “The Beet.” I just opened it with my good Taiwanese friend. It is an American/Canadian style pub with great music; I have everything you want to hear. We have a real dart board and a 42” plasma screen TV to watch sports including my favorite F1 and Moto GP. In the future we will have satellite and probably a foosball table. The best part is that our draft beer is only $100nt for a 500cc mug. We have Taiwan draft, and San Miguel Draft. Bottled beers are Coors Light, Budweiser, Corona Light, and Heineken for $150nt. Easy mixed drinks like Rum and Coke, Vodka Tonic, Gin Tonic, Whiskey Coke, etc are all $100nt. The Beet Bar is located in the most happening place in Zhongli, right in the Zhongyuan Night Market and University (中原大學.) The greatest part about The Beet, not including the cheep booze, is that we have a balcony over looking one of the busiest streets around. So come check it out, we are located at Shijian Rd #105, 2nd Floor (實踐路 105 號 2nd Floor.) It is just right off the main night market street, very close to the Second Hand Movie Theater.

We are open Tuesday-Sunday 9:00PM-4:00AM. We are open now, but this Saturday is our Grand Opening. See ya there.

PS: I named the bar after a great friend of mine that lived in Taiwan for years. He was an amazing person. He had a tragic scooter accident almost two years ago. His name was Bob Beet. He would be honored.
No one dies a virgin, life screws us all.

This post was recommended by jennifer_taiwanese (25 May 2013, 21:47)
Rating: 4%
Forumosan avatar
rk1951
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

ORIGINAL POSTER
10 Recognized(s)

Postby TheGingerMan » 16 Jun 2008, 21:40

Ah, yes!
His old neighborhood, 'n'all, I believe......!

I'll be around......

:thumbsup:
"Turne ye to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope,
even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee:"

~~~ZECHARIAH 9:12

"Or fill high hawkfell of my hand,
with skalds reward for skilled word?"

~~~Egill Skallagrimssøn, c.974

"Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest."
~~~elektronisk
Forumosan avatar
TheGingerMan
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)

4 Recommends(s)
237 Recognized(s)

Postby rk1951 » 17 Jun 2008, 02:12

TheGingerMan wrote:Ah, yes!
His old neighborhood, 'n'all, I believe......!

I'll be around......

:thumbsup:

Yup, well if your friends of Bob, I would love to meet you. Mondays we are supposed to be closed, and I probably wont be there. I wont be there too late Tuesday either. Wednesay to Sunday, I should be there every night, so drop on in and say hi. My names Robby Kilpatrick, any questions call me 0921482447.
Forumosan avatar
rk1951

ORIGINAL POSTER
10 Recognized(s)

Postby Tigerman » 17 Jun 2008, 08:22

Good luck with the bar. Not in my area so I doubt I'll ever see yinz.. But, I do wish you the best of luck.
As it is, we seem to regard it as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has taken one side or the other. We regard it (in other words) as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has contrived to reach the object of his reasoning. We call a man a bigot or a slave of dogma because he is a thinker who has thought thoroughly and to a definite end.

Tigerman
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

261 Recommends(s)
195 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 17 Jun 2008, 10:56

Best of luck Robby! Like Babelaan Tigermon I don't normally venture into the den of iniquity that is Zhongli, but I hope you make a go of it.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby rk1951 » 17 Jun 2008, 14:40

Well thanks so much for the support, I really appreciate it. I hope it works too. But if you are ever in the area you can always drops me a line.
Forumosan avatar
rk1951

ORIGINAL POSTER
10 Recognized(s)

Postby zender » 17 Jun 2008, 20:08

Good luck!

You're a good dancer!

Just watch out for trains.
zender
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

85 Recommends(s)
117 Recognized(s)

Postby rk1951 » 18 Jun 2008, 02:47

zender wrote:Good luck!

You're a good dancer!

Just watch out for trains.

I wish that was me, you should see me dance. :)
Forumosan avatar
rk1951

ORIGINAL POSTER
10 Recognized(s)

Re: The Beet Bar, Grand Opening Saturday, Zhongli, Taoyuan

Postby meyers66 » 31 Jan 2013, 16:56

[quote="rk1951"]I wanted everyone to know that there is a new bar/pub in Zhongli called “The Beet.” I just opened it with my good Taiwanese friend. It is an American/Canadian style pub with great music; I have everything you want to hear. We have a real dart board and a 42” plasma screen TV to watch sports including my favorite F1 and Moto GP. In the future we will have satellite and probably a foosball table. The best part is that our draft beer is only $100nt for a 500cc mug. We have Taiwan draft, and San Miguel Draft. Bottled beers are Coors Light, Budweiser, Corona Light, and Heineken for $150nt. Easy mixed drinks like Rum and Coke, Vodka Tonic, Gin Tonic, Whiskey Coke, etc are all $100nt. The Beet Bar is located in the most happening place in Zhongli, right in the Zhongyuan Night Market and University (中原大學.) The greatest part about The Beet, not including the cheep booze, is that we have a balcony over looking one of the busiest streets around. So come check it out, we are located at Shijian Rd #105, 2nd Floor (實踐路 105 號 2nd Floor.) It is just right off the main night market street, very close to the Second Hand Movie Theater.

We are open Tuesday-Sunday 9:00PM-4:00AM. We are open now, but this Saturday is our Grand Opening. See ya there.

Hi, 1/31/13
My friend and I are looking for a place to watch the Super Bowl on 2/4/13 at 7:30am. Are you open for business on that day? Don't know if you are still open or where you are located. I know the old movie theatre on the corner. Where from there? Is the best place to park a car under the school? Please advise asap. Cheers.
meyers66
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Northern Taiwan Events