Art of Tea Culture Tour

Post your Taichung and central Taiwan events here!
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in Taichung and central Taiwan. Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Art of Tea Culture Tour

Postby meixio » 19 Aug 2010, 18:19

Tea is not only a drink, also it is part of Taiwan Culture.
“Dong Ding Oolong tea”- one of the most famous and finest tea in Taiwan.
Sep. 2010 invite you to join a 3 days Tea Culture Tour at Lu-Gu (鹿谷) Nan Tou County (南投縣) The whole tour will meet the really life of Tea farmer. That is to say, you stay with local family joining their daily life.
After complete the tour and share your travel experience/photos, you will receive NT$1000 as a special Bonus.
Welcome to join us by visiting: http://www.farmpacker.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=321
meixio
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Art of Tea Culture tour

Postby WordsOfLittleWorth » 20 Aug 2010, 02:06

What? A three day free tour *and* we get 1000 NTD? That doesn't sound right.
WordsOfLittleWorth

Postby maoman » 20 Aug 2010, 11:04

There's nothing shady about it. It's a promotion. They want people, especially people who will blog or take pictures about their experience, to experience what they have to offer, and then spread the word. They have an English site, if you click through to it, that explains it pretty clearly. It sounds like an interesting (and cheap!) way to get a look at a bit of Taiwanese culture that most of us know very little about. :2cents:
Forumosan avatar
maoman

76 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby elektronisk » 20 Aug 2010, 12:36

meixio wrote:That is to say, you stay with local family joining their daily life. ...you will receive NT$1000 as a special Bonus.

Work three days in a tea field for $1000. Hey, $300 a day isn't bad. :wink:
"We are only here briefly, and in this moment I want to allow myself joy." - Her

There is a truth and it's on our side,
Dawn is coming , open your eyes - José González

Make love your goal, not your gaol.
A wise man can learn more from himself than he could learn from anyone else, if only he seeks and listens.
Afar isn't as bad as it sounds, it is the longevity of it that hurts.
Smile and make others feel happy today.
Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest.
Forumosan avatar
elektronisk
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

63 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

Postby WordsOfLittleWorth » 20 Aug 2010, 12:43

A closer look at the website shows that the tour actually costs NT$1500. http://www.farmpacker.net/index.php?act ... pplication After you "share your experience" (whatever that means) they'll refund NT$1000.
WordsOfLittleWorth

Postby sandman » 20 Aug 2010, 12:47

NT$500 fo a three-day farmstay sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I would even go for it myself, except that green tea stuff buzzes me right the fuck up FAR worse than caffeine.
I love the teahouse vibe, but alas, until it becomes more socially acceptable to take beer to those places, they are forever closed to me.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 20 Aug 2010, 12:52

elektronisk wrote:
meixio wrote:That is to say, you stay with local family joining their daily life. ...you will receive NT$1000 as a special Bonus.

Work three days in a tea field for $1000. Hey, $300 a day isn't bad. :wink:

People through WOOOF do it for free. I think this sounds good and may take it up.

Sandman, Oriental Beauty won't give you the killer buzz.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

850 Recognized(s)

Postby ichbinjenny » 20 Aug 2010, 16:44

MM wrote:I think this sounds good and may take it up.

I just signed up, requesting either of the weekday trips. Maybe we'll pick tea together. :+)
*Wilsen Publishing*
Importer of fine stationery (greeting cards, birthday cards, journals, notebooks, calendars) from the US and Canada
Publisher of EFL and Chinese-language learning books
http://www.wilsenpublishing.com | 04-2301-3662
ichbinjenny
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

29 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Taichung & Central Taiwan Events