Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

24hr Play Festival Taichung(Jan. 15th) 24小時創作 戲劇嘉年華 隆重登場 !

Post your Taichung and central Taiwan events here!
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in Taichung and central Taiwan. Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

24hr Play Festival Taichung(Jan. 15th) 24小時創作 戲劇嘉年華 隆重登場 !

Postby JoHo » 31 Dec 2010, 02:02

Saturday, January 15th, 2011 is Taichung’s Second 24h Play Festival.

What do you have when you take a group of talented writers, add a dedicated cast and crew and toss them in a 24 hour pressure cooker??? You have a recipe for great original theater!

Four short plays will be created from scratch - written, rehearsed, and performed - in just 24 hours!

The 24 hour countdown starts with a brainstorming session with all participants the Friday night before the show. The clock ticks away while the writers write four short plays throughout the night. Once the plays are handed in the next morning, the real race against the clock begins. The cast and crew must rehearse lines and cues all day until the last second ticks away and the curtains goes up at 8pm Saturday night.

Don't miss this golden opportunity to see original plays in English right here in Taichung.
Come with your friends and experience an extreme theater feast!

Where: Open Theater – 107 Taichung Harbor Rd, Sec 3, B1, Taichung
台中市西屯區台中港路三段107號B1

When: Saturday, January 15, 2011 at 8pm.

Tickets: Available from Jan, 1st 2011
In advance : NT350
At the door: NT400
Block bookings of 10 or more: NT300
Tickets include a free drink sponsored by Scott Chen from Mojo and Retro

Available at: Mojo and Retro Coffee Shops (Central Taichung city) Tel: 0917-622-437
Open Theater (Situn district) Tel: 04 - 2358 6129

Reservations via e-mail: taichungimprov@gmail.com

More info call Josh: 0912129654
JoHo
38 Posts? I'm a bimbo, baby!

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: 24hr Play Festival Taichung, Jan. 15th 24小時創作 戲劇嘉年華 隆重

Postby killi » 31 Dec 2010, 13:43

Hmmm, sounds interesting - is it in english?

Please excuse me if its said it in your speil - I might have missed it :notworthy:
killi
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby JoHo » 02 Jan 2011, 22:06

Yes, all English. :)
JoHo

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby JoHo » 08 Jan 2011, 16:11

Special thanks to Steven Mossing from SUBWAY who gave us a generous
discount to feed our cast and crew with some delicious SUBWAY sandwiches!!
#97, Chung Kang Rd, Sec 3, Taichung - One block from Open Theater

AND WAIT THERE'S MORE!!!!! EVERYONE IS WELCOME!!!!

WRAP PARTY @ AMICI BAR!!! 160 DONG XING Rd.Taichung, Taiwan 403

When the final curtain goes down - the fun doesn't stop there!!!
It's time to slip on your dancing shoes and sip on some delicious cocktails!!!

FREE entrance! Fabulous cocktails at fabulous prices! Great snacks! Hot tracks!
Thanks Amici Bar and Matty D!!!
JoHo

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: 24hr Play Festival Taichung(Jan. 15th) 24小時創作 戲劇嘉年華 隆重

Postby ThreadKiller » 14 Jan 2011, 23:21

A nice article in the Taipei Times about the event. Looks to be a lot of fun. Night Writers
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here." (Melvin Udall)

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." (Denis Diderot)

"I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people." (Katharine Hepburn)
Forumosan avatar
ThreadKiller
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

99 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Postby Puppet » 17 Jan 2011, 12:06

Thanks for the article link. The show was a big success. Thanks to everyone that made it out.
Forumosan avatar
Puppet
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

60 Recommends(s)
31 Recognized(s)

Postby ThreadKiller » 17 Jan 2011, 23:29

Sorry I missed it this time - but it was the period for getting final grades in. If you're on again next year, I'll budget time better and head out to stay at a friend's in Taichung.
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here." (Melvin Udall)

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." (Denis Diderot)

"I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people." (Katharine Hepburn)
Forumosan avatar
ThreadKiller

99 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Taichung & Central Taiwan Events