Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Spring Scream 2012

Post your upcoming Kaohsiung and southern Taiwan events here!
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in Kaohsiung and southern Taiwan. Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Re: Spring Scream 2012

Postby the bear » 29 Mar 2012, 15:14

tango42 wrote:
the bear wrote:
I enjoy Sandwiches wrote:
the bear wrote:I'm hearing a rumor the local govt. is banning dance parties during the spring scream weekend....any truth?

I can somehow imagine a Taiwanese Kevin Bacon but the image of a Taiwanese John Lithgow is somehow elusive.

Free lollipop to anyone who has an inkling what this poster's first post is on about....

Thank you google, for being able to reveal a connection for almost anything, except why anyone would be able to recall this connection...

Footloose (1984)
Stars:Kevin Bacon, Lori Singer and John Lithgow
A city boy comes to a small town where rock music and dancing have been banned.

penny drops........free lollipop to tango42 :candycane: (close enough)
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

27 Recommends(s)
100 Recognized(s)

Postby Rockefeller » 29 Mar 2012, 18:00

Abacus wrote:Spring scream is a rock festival in Kending with a lot of parties. I thought about going but I'll pass again this year. what are some of the other smaller festivals? That's more my style. I read about something in Dulan/Taidong.

marcus a wrote:Footloose the movie, I think.

Anyway, as of now, the promoters down in Kending have managed to sway the local authorities that things are ok. but that situation is very fluid.

And Rock-a-fella...Spring Scream is Taiwan's largest outdoor music festival with 8 stages, 200 bands, and 35 djs over the tomb sweeping holiday at the Lighthouse in Kending.

Since so many people go down to the dirty south, there are tons of parties everywhere that weekend.

Nice, sounds like fun... though when you call it that it just makes ya want to go there to check out the taiwanese hicks :) ... unless there is no such thing and taiwanese moonshine does not exist (which would sadden my heart just a little bit).
Forumosan avatar
Rockefeller
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

70 Recognized(s)

Postby marcus a » 02 Apr 2012, 15:53

I believe kaoliang to be the Taiwanese equivalent to Mad Dog 20/20. Available in every convenience store and each part of Taiwan has their own special kind. It's the You have to drink it once thing...
marcus a
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby kingkaysta » 02 Apr 2012, 17:43

For anyone who are still searching for cheap Kending accommodation for SS 2012, some last minute rooms here!

http://sinotour.com/tourguide/Kending/hotels.asp

Kending with a "T"
kingkaysta
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Kaohsiung & Southern Taiwan Events