Spring Scream 2005

Post your upcoming Kaohsiung and southern Taiwan events here!
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in Kaohsiung and southern Taiwan. Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Spring Scream 2005

Postby Josefus » 08 Mar 2005, 23:36

Who's planning on going? I've heard lots of stories, but never actually gone. Is it worth fighting the madness? I haven't heard much hype about it this year.

Their snazzy site can be found here: http://springscream.com/
Forumosan avatar
Josefus
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)

ORIGINAL POSTER
5 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Tetsuo » 08 Mar 2005, 23:45

Who's playing?
You're going to listen to me? To something I said? Jesus, man, haven't I made it abundantly clear during the tenure of our friendship that I don't know sh**? I mean, half the time I'm just talking out of my ass - Brodie Bruce, Mallrats
Tetsuo
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

Postby Josefus » 08 Mar 2005, 23:50

I haven't even seen the list, but it's most "amateurs" isn't? Unsigned/local artits getting exposure? I have no idea.
Forumosan avatar
Josefus

ORIGINAL POSTER
5 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Tetsuo » 09 Mar 2005, 00:12

Me neither, and their website is woefully slim on details.
You're going to listen to me? To something I said? Jesus, man, haven't I made it abundantly clear during the tenure of our friendship that I don't know sh**? I mean, half the time I'm just talking out of my ass - Brodie Bruce, Mallrats
Tetsuo

Postby coolingtower » 09 Mar 2005, 00:20

If I were you I wouldn't get too excited about Spring Scream if you want to hear music.... The hotels are full and you can only camp on the beach. The beach, that sounds nice, but there are are a lot of ANTS. It's just another attempt at "Woodstock", but without the good music.

The bands that play are crap, but they cheer each other on, as if to say "thank you for not booing me off the stage", like what would have happened in their home countries or otherwise. It's just a sense of "togetherness"--"we ALL play crappy music, so let's cheer each other on..... Being on stage is FUN!!"

AND THEN, you will not hear just one band. They have at least THREE STAGES close to one another. You want to experience this? Find a way to play 3 CDs at the same time in your home. Nobody wants to actually "listen" to that.

If you think it would be great to get away for a few days and whatever, fine. IMHO this is not "entertainment".

Don't want to rain on your parade, but Spring Scream may mot be what you think it is....Consider this for yourself and go if you want. You won't see me there.
"It's not safe to hope for the best....without preparing for the worst."
Forumosan avatar
coolingtower
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby Durins Bane » 09 Mar 2005, 08:05

Spring Scream = Gong Show
Guns don't kill people...magic missles do.

My first level orc is smarter than your honor student.
Durins Bane

7 Recognized(s)

Postby Damage » 09 Mar 2005, 18:26

Disagree with all of you.

The organisers of Spring Scream work their asses off every year to bring all the best talent from around the island to one place for one big, fun party. The reason their website might look a little slim now is because they're filtering through hundreds of demos trying to fit as many bands as they can into a short five day festival.

I've been there the last three years and I've never noticed the stages bleeding into each other. They are actually pretty spaced out and the sound guys do an excellent job of containing the sound to once stage.

It's easy to get Spring Scream confused with all the piece of shit extacy parties that set up down there while Spring Scream is on. They kind of give the whole thing a bad name and the media loves to lump them all together and show whitey misbehaving.

In addition to all the Taiwanese talent they will bring out some international bands that you don't want to miss. I know Dynamite Club from New York will be playing this year, and I'm pretty sure Japans Mimi Chan will come again and these are two bands you definitely don't want to miss.

As for hotels. Book a room now. Last year I didn't book a room and found one, though I wouldn't advise doing that.

Anyway hope that helps. Check out the website in a week or so and they should have the schedule of bands and performers finished by then.

Cheers.
Forumosan avatar
Damage
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby turkey_dinner » 09 Mar 2005, 23:17

There's going to be some great times and music AGAIN!! I wouldn't miss it. There's a film festival and a bunch of other cool things as well.
Get your ass kicked at www.therealtaiwan.com
Forumosan avatar
turkey_dinner

Postby Loretta » 25 Mar 2005, 12:29

Who's going? From here I mean?
Loretta
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

56 Recommends(s)
66 Recognized(s)

Postby twonavels » 25 Mar 2005, 20:31

I'll be there dearest. :D
Forumosan avatar
twonavels
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

5 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Kaohsiung & Southern Taiwan Events