(ATK)Animals Taiwan Kaohsiung ~ Events

Post your upcoming Kaohsiung and southern Taiwan events here!
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in Kaohsiung and southern Taiwan. Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Postby bobepine » 19 Aug 2006, 23:40

I'm not sure where to start...First I would like to apologize to those of you I did not have time to catch up with today. This weekend we are having an event on both Saturday and Sunday. Natasha and I work throughout the week and the weekend is when we really have time to do things. One of us had to take care of the animals, do the vet checks, etc, and I also had some work to do on our small holding center. From what Natasha told me, no one needed my help at the flea market anyways, so many volunteers showed up to lend a hand once again! :notworthy: :) You guys did a fantastic job. I got a good laugh and it was touching hearing about you guys soliciting on the street with giant teddy bears, and pamphlets. You guys have totally supported what we are doing, and for that, words are not enough to thank you all. :) It's touching, encouraging and motivating for all of us south-dwelling animal lovers, and it's good for the animals! So, I return the compliments to all of you.

Of course, big thanks to everyone who donated funds and all the flea market items, too. We sold a lot of it! In fact, never before has ATK raised that much money to help animals. As always, the good folks in Kaohsiung are helping us to carry on doing what it is that we do. THANK YOU!

To finish, I would like to personally thank Paul and Candy for letting us use their property at Lincoln American School. That was very generous of you guys and your ongoing support is appreciated. I'm impressed, very impressed with the event we had today. What a success!

I'll let you know how our adoption event goes tomorrow.

All the best,

Chris
Co-founder
Animals Taiwan Kaohsiung
bobepine
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby bobepine » 24 Aug 2006, 11:03

What can I say, we had an awesome weekend. It's thursday already, time flies!

Last Sunday we found homes for two cats and one dog. :)

I will keep you all posted about our next event, soon!

Best,

Chris
bobepine

ORIGINAL POSTER

ATK ~ Animal Bash/Raffle. Over 100 000NT in prizes!

Postby bobepine » 20 Sep 2006, 21:28

Date: October 14, 2006.

Place: Roof Lounge, Kaohsiung City.

A big thank you to all of you for your help, and for your ongoing support. The good people of Kaohsiung are once more turning out to be kind-hearted and concerned with the suffering of animals. :notworthy: :)

I hope to see you all at the Roof Lounge. :beer:

Chris
Co-founder

bobepine

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Stray Dog » 20 Sep 2006, 23:41

You guys are doing an awesome job! :) :bravo: :notworthy:
SUPPORT ANIMAL RESCUE WHEN SERVICING, SOURCING, REPAIRING, OR BUYING A CAR THROUGH AUTOCHECKERS!

I'm NOT SO ACTIVE HERE ANY MORE. IF YOU NEED HELP WITH AN ANIMAL RESCUE OR DOG-BEHAVIOUR ISSUE, PLEASE EMAIL ME AT s e a n i m a l s @ g m a i l . c o m OR CALL 0920 620 109. THANKS!

Want to learn how the dog whisperer does his magic? Learn the simple but highly effective tricks to bringing about positive change in your dog: http://seanimals.blogspot.com/

"I will be quoted in someone's signature, even if I have to do it myself!"—Stray Dog
Forumosan avatar
Stray Dog
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

3 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby bobepine » 27 Sep 2006, 17:55

FLEA MARKET
跳 蚤 市 場

When: Sunday, October 1st, 1pm-6pm
Where: Lincoln American Preschool located on Yucheng Road (2 doors down from Smokey Joe’s).
How you can help: Donate your clean, unwanted items.
Why: We will sell them to raise money to help needy animals in Taiwan.
Who to contact: Natasha@atkaohsiung.org

時 間: 10月1日, 星期六, 1pm-6pm
地 點: 林肯美語幼稚園 – 裕誠路
(離冒煙的喬兩門之隔)
你可以提供的幫助: 捐贈你乾淨而不需要的東西
理 由: 我們將販售這些東西來募集款項,
幫助在台灣的那些可憐小動物.
bobepine

ORIGINAL POSTER

Lighthouse Trivia

Postby bobepine » 28 Sep 2006, 23:46

Brett wrote:Trivia night returns to The Lighthouse this Monday Oct. 2nd.

Starting at 10 PM (till approx. midnight) teams of 2 to 4 players will
compete in a contest of all things trivial. Questions will cover a wide
range of topics and there will be prizes for the winning team. Come on the
night and join a team or come as a team, fun will be had by all.

There is no entry fee but this is a fundraiser for ATK (Animals Taiwan
Kaohsiung), an organization run by expats and locals that help stray animals in
need, so at the end we will pass a collection box around and any donations
will be greatly appreciated.

Hope to see you Monday,
Brett
The Lighthouse
#239 Fuguo Rd.
Tso Ying District
559 - 2614.

Brett and Ellie,

I hope you realise how many animal lives have been, and still are improved with your ongoing contribution.

Thank you! :notworthy:

Chris
bobepine

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby bobepine » 15 Oct 2006, 13:25

What a night we had last night! The lounge was packed all night. The service was excellent and very well organised. Volunteers made it look like they've been doing this kind of event for years. Things went smoothly and everyone seemed to be having an excellent time. We raised over 125 000$ :eek: :notworthy: :)

I'd like to thank all of you for your outstanding efforts, but there are too many of you and I'm worried that I would forget someone. You know who you are, though, and we can not thank you enough... You ARE ATK! And I hope you realise how many animals in need your efforts will help.

Big thanks to the Roof Lounge for letting us use their premises.

Big thanks to all of the local businesses who sponsored the raffle, your ongoing support is needed and appreciated.

Big thanks our volunteer DJs Rob Solo, Dj Glenn and our very own forumosan Syntax Error who donated their skills and time to help make this event a succes.

And of course, thank you to all of you who joined us last night. Kaohsiung people rock!

On behalf of all our south-dwelling furry friends,

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Best regards,

Chris
Co-founder
Animals Taiwan Kaohsiung
bobepine

ORIGINAL POSTER

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Kaohsiung & Southern Taiwan Events