Spring scream 2010

Post your upcoming Kaohsiung and southern Taiwan events here!
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in Kaohsiung and southern Taiwan. Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Re: Spring scream 2010

Postby Stray Dog » 15 Mar 2010, 16:05

Thank you, Marcus!
SUPPORT ANIMAL RESCUE WHEN SERVICING, SOURCING, REPAIRING, OR BUYING A CAR THROUGH AUTOCHECKERS!

I'm NOT SO ACTIVE HERE ANY MORE. IF YOU NEED HELP WITH AN ANIMAL RESCUE OR DOG-BEHAVIOUR ISSUE, PLEASE EMAIL ME AT s e a n i m a l s @ g m a i l . c o m OR CALL 0920 620 109. THANKS!

Want to learn how the dog whisperer does his magic? Learn the simple but highly effective tricks to bringing about positive change in your dog: http://seanimals.blogspot.com/

"I will be quoted in someone's signature, even if I have to do it myself!"—Stray Dog
Forumosan avatar
Stray Dog
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

3 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby marcus a » 16 Mar 2010, 17:35

The accepted band list is up here: http://www.springscream.com/

If you have signed up and have been accepted, then you should have gotten an email about the band members getting permits. I am going to do this process tonight, so I can field any questions anyone has.
marcus
http://www.waakao.com
marcus a
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby plasmatron » 16 Mar 2010, 17:57

Very glad to see this:
If you are married to a Taiwanese national AND have a valid marriage ARC you do not need to apply for the permit.

The govt making P-ARC or even work ARC holders apply for a performance permit is ridiculous though, it's not as if Springscream is a paid show. :loco:
"freedom is allowed, but not encouraged." Teng Tien-yu, secretary-general, Taiwan central election comittee
Forumosan avatar
plasmatron
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)

3 Recommends(s)
20 Recognized(s)

Postby Evenstar » 29 Mar 2010, 22:00

It's not a paid show? But my friend is buying a one-night ticket for me for NT990?
Evenstar
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby plasmatron » 29 Mar 2010, 22:55

Oh you have to pay to get in, it's the steep ticket prices and the long list of corporate sponsors that mean that the sound crews get paid, and the vendors get paid, and the land owners get paid, and the advertising and promotion companies get paid, and the transport companies get paid, and the event organizers *certainly* get paid, but the bands which are by and large the sole reason thousands of people pay NT$1k per day to be there in the first place, get paid zero, zip, nadda... That's what I meant by unpaid show...

And just as a further kick in the balls with 4 days to go before the festival begins, the organisers have still not got their act together enough to release a band performance schedule so hundreds of musicians have no way to confirm their travel and accommodation plans... This will be the last Springscream we play and I've spoken with folks from several other bands that feel the same way, the smarter ones amongst us didn't even bother applying this year...
:cactus:
"freedom is allowed, but not encouraged." Teng Tien-yu, secretary-general, Taiwan central election comittee
Forumosan avatar
plasmatron

3 Recommends(s)
20 Recognized(s)

Postby catch-22 » 29 Mar 2010, 23:35

So I want to go to Spring Scream but I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out what is the best way to get there. Unfortunately I work on Saturday so I can't go until that afternoon/evening. Everyone else I know is going on Friday so I can't figure out what's the best way for me to make it there fast. Any suggestions? HSR? Bus? Train?
Forumosan avatar
catch-22
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

Postby tommy525 » 30 Mar 2010, 08:24

HSR to kaohsiung, then a bus down to Kending. Theres these minibuses every 20 mins or so 24/7 so i understand.
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

623 Recommends(s)
391 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 30 Mar 2010, 10:02

the smarter ones amongst us didn't even bother applying this year...

Play it once, shame on them. Play it twice, shame on you. I've played it twice. :oops: Never again, though!
but the bands which are by and large the sole reason thousands of people pay NT$1k per day to be there in the first place, get paid zero, zip, nadda... That's what I meant by unpaid show...

But... but... just THINK of the free "publicity!" :roflmao: (Not free, of course -- it costs a good chunk of change to schlep all the way down there with a band and gear, hotels, meals, etc.).
Four days and you have noplace booked? Damn! If I were you I just wouldn't bother showing up. If they can't get their act together, why should you? You're doing THEM the favour, don't forget. :roll: That is fucking shameful!
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby bull » 30 Mar 2010, 10:12

Getting to spring scream:

HSR to Kaohsiung (Tsoying) and taxi to Spring Scream sight. About NT$400-500 per person and just 90 minutes. A helluva better ride than the bus and about the same price.
Taxis are available at the HSR station.

Late schedule release:

yeah, I've always wondered about this and it seems to happen every year. i guess releasing the schedule late means that no one has time to complain about a crummy time slot!
bull

6 Recognized(s)

Postby the bear » 30 Mar 2010, 10:55

sandman wrote:
the smarter ones amongst us didn't even bother applying this year...

Play it once, shame on them. Play it twice, shame on you. I've played it twice. :oops: Never again, though!
but the bands which are by and large the sole reason thousands of people pay NT$1k per day to be there in the first place, get paid zero, zip, nadda... That's what I meant by unpaid show...

But... but... just THINK of the free "publicity!" :roflmao: (Not free, of course -- it costs a good chunk of change to schlep all the way down there with a band and gear, hotels, meals, etc.).
Four days and you have noplace booked? Damn! If I were you I just wouldn't bother showing up. If they can't get their act together, why should you? You're doing THEM the favour, don't forget. :roll: That is fucking shameful!

+1....invest the money in a trip to Fuji Rock where you can see the likes of Muse, Massive Attack and, ahem, Trombone Shorty...
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)

30 Recommends(s)
117 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Kaohsiung & Southern Taiwan Events