Enjoying the Real Life of Southern Taiwan

Post your upcoming Kaohsiung and southern Taiwan events here!
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in Kaohsiung and southern Taiwan. Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Enjoying the Real Life of Southern Taiwan

Postby farmpacker » 21 Oct 2010, 19:54

The lotus root season is coming. Farmpacker invites you to experience the fun of picking lotus roots in Baihe this November and December to share the joy of a rich harvest with farmers. The activities held in this holiday will make you to get away from suburban uproar and enjoy the nature. Also, it’s a good chance to help the farmers in southern Taiwan. Meanwhile, Granduncle’s Home will provide you with a 3-day holiday (meals and accommodations are involved).
The web-site as below:
http://www.farmpacker.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=322
farmpacker
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Enjoying the real life of Southern Taiwan

Postby TainanCowboy » 21 Oct 2010, 20:22

This looks like a real fine time.... :bravo:

Thanks for sharing this info Farmpacker.
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby ThreadKiller » 22 Oct 2010, 00:47

farmpacker wrote:The lotus root season is coming. Farmpacker invites you to experience the fun of picking lotus roots in Baihe this November and December to share the joy of a rich harvest with farmers. The activities held in this holiday will make you to get away from suburban uproar and enjoy the nature. Also, it’s a good chance to help the farmers in southern Taiwan. Meanwhile, Granduncle’s Home will provide you with a 3-day holiday (meals and accommodations are involved).
The web-site as below:
http://www.farmpacker.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=322

Hi farmpacker and welcome to forumosa.

A 3-day break in southern Taiwan sounds great, but would you be able to provide a little more info here in English. A Taiwanese friend of mine was just looking at your website and feels that while it's clear it's not a free holiday, it's not that clear how much one would actually be paying for the trip. My friend could be mistaken.

Any further info would be welcomed by prospective lotus-root pickers. :)
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here." (Melvin Udall)

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." (Denis Diderot)

"I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people." (Katharine Hepburn)
Forumosan avatar
ThreadKiller
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

99 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Postby tcarnagan » 22 Oct 2010, 00:54

Go to the website, scroll down a little, then click on the "ENGLISH" button to the right of the page.

It is pretty well detailed there for you in English, with costs and how the whole thing works.

One would be hard pressed to come up with a question after looking through this site. Even in English.
The more people I meet the more I love my dog.
Forumosan avatar
tcarnagan
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

4 Recognized(s)

Postby ThreadKiller » 22 Oct 2010, 00:57

:oops: Yes, I found the English page about 10 minutes ago and was just having fun reading it. The costs are all there.

http://www.farmpacker.net/index.php?act=page&ID=54
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here." (Melvin Udall)

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." (Denis Diderot)

"I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people." (Katharine Hepburn)
Forumosan avatar
ThreadKiller

99 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Re: Enjoying the Real Life of Southern Taiwan

Postby tcarnagan » 06 Nov 2010, 03:33

ThreadKiller: I think should be able to count this as a 'thread' 'killed'. Good job for the silly question! Another one to check on your belt!

Just a helping hand since I have a tendency to kill a few threads also..........
The more people I meet the more I love my dog.
Forumosan avatar
tcarnagan

4 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Kaohsiung & Southern Taiwan Events