Spring Scream 2011

Post your upcoming Kaohsiung and southern Taiwan events here!
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in Kaohsiung and southern Taiwan. Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

Spring Scream 2011

Postby KEIRseven » 09 Dec 2010, 14:47

Spring Scream 2011 registry has started, so be sure and register your band and vote, of course once voting begins. We posted a new tune called run away (there's a subliminal message in this tune, so if you suddenly feel an overwhelming desire to vote for feardrive, don't be alarmed). You can check it out here:

http://www.indievox.com/feardrive

Here is the site for spring scream:

http://www.springscream.com/

Once I know when voting starts, I'll post it here, that is unless someone else knows already and they can post it.

Cheers
:yay:
Forumosan avatar
KEIRseven
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Spring Scream 2011

Postby KEIRseven » 28 Jan 2011, 10:29

Spring Scream 2011 voting has started so hurry up and buy a ticket and vote for feardrive!!!! :howyoudoin:

http://www.springscream.com/
Forumosan avatar
KEIRseven
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby MilkTeaJack » 28 Jan 2011, 17:23

Are there any other bands worth noting on the band list? I scanned the list and hadn't heard of any of them! I mean, I want to support the indie scene but I need more incentive to take time off work and go all the way down and spend all day at this thing.
twitter: jackge

Do right by yourself, you'll do right for others.
Do right by others, you'll do right for yourself.
Then on your final day of reckoning, there'll be no blame for living the life you lived.
Forumosan avatar
MilkTeaJack
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby JuliaZ » 28 Jan 2011, 17:42

MilkTeaJack wrote:Are there any other bands worth noting on the band list? I scanned the list and hadn't heard of any of them! I mean, I want to support the indie scene but I need more incentive to take time off work and go all the way down and spend all day at this thing.

You know you want to go. I'll go with you if I'm there when it's happening.

No Bopomofo? :cry: They were awesome at the David Pearl day. http://www.reverbnation.com/bopomofo
Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't.
Richard Bach
---------- in Bellevue for now, back in Xindian Nov 7....
Forumosan avatar
JuliaZ
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby MilkTeaJack » 28 Jan 2011, 17:50

OMG! Its JuliaZ! I haven't seen her around in ages!

Yeah, no BoPoMoFo but I think they are a group of professionals who get together to perform when they can. So I imagine getting all of their schedules aligned to do a music festival would be tough. But, hey, if they can make it, awesome! But the question still remains: who on the list is worth mentioning? Not trying to be overly critical here; am genuinely curious!
twitter: jackge

Do right by yourself, you'll do right for others.
Do right by others, you'll do right for yourself.
Then on your final day of reckoning, there'll be no blame for living the life you lived.
Forumosan avatar
MilkTeaJack

2 Recognized(s)

Postby trubadour » 31 Jan 2011, 13:20

is there anyway to vote for a decent rig (with real bass) for the dance stage?
Last year left a lot to enthusiasm :discodance:
trubadour
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

114 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby bismarck » 31 Jan 2011, 18:58

MilkTeaJack wrote:Are there any other bands worth noting on the band list? I scanned the list and hadn't heard of any of them! I mean, I want to support the indie scene but I need more incentive to take time off work and go all the way down and spend all day at this thing.

Keep us updated. I've actually never been to a Spring Scream and wouldn't mind making it down there this year, but it would suck to go alone.
World Champions 1995, 2007; Tri-Nations champions 1998, 2004, 2009; Grand Slam Champions 1912/13, 1931/32, 1951/52, 1960/61; Defeated British & Irish Lions 1903, 1924, 1938, 1962, 1968, 1980, 2009
Super 14 Champions 2007, 2009, 2010
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Second of all, as in all honeymoons, all is well until it is not. It is until the unexpected happens that you will see all grievances surface -ask anyone in any relationship. The girl can chew with her mouth open, that if you love her, you do not care. If you do not lover her, if her pinkie toe is half an inch deviant, the relationship is doomed. - Icon
Forumosan avatar
bismarck
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

150 Recommends(s)
143 Recognized(s)

Postby tsukinodeynatsu » 31 Jan 2011, 21:05

I have NO idea who any of the bands are, but I'm definitely doing it this year :D

Should I get a one-day or a multi-day thougH?
tsukinodeynatsu
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

57 Recommends(s)
65 Recognized(s)

Postby BigNoodle » 11 Feb 2011, 15:30

I've never been there and I know only a dozen of the bands.

But I'll definitly go this year !

btw, the tickets are cheaper if bought now !
Forumosan avatar
BigNoodle
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby KEIRseven » 02 Mar 2011, 17:00

time is running out, so sign up for an indievox account and become fans of the bands you want to see at spring scream 2011.

http://www.indievox.com/

http://www.indievox.com/feardrive

Cheers

:notworthy:
Forumosan avatar
KEIRseven
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Kaohsiung & Southern Taiwan Events