Good food in Taichung

Moderators: citizen k, elektronisk

Good food in Taichung

Postby TJG » 22 Feb 2012, 09:51

Hi everybody!

I'm fairly new to Taiwan. Already I'm pretty much fed up with what’s on offer, food wise, in my neighbourhood. Sure, there's a lot of good food. But I want to try a more formal restaurant, not upscale though. I'm really interested about trying the food which I heard about prior to arriving in Taichung.

Kung pao, fried oysters, steamed fish etc.

Anybody have any good restaurant suggestions? Preferably in Town or heading towards Longjing...

Enjoy your week,

TJG
TJG
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Good food in Taichung

Postby headhonchoII » 22 Feb 2012, 10:05

Have you tried any kuai chao (quick fry) places? Some of them are really good for what you are looking for although in my experience they were better in Taipei. The more South you go the more Taiwanese the cuisine gets. You have to try each place individually.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1571 Recommends(s)
573 Recognized(s)

Re: Good food in Taichung

Postby Adam_CLO » 22 Feb 2012, 10:39

If you can read Chinese or can use Chrome's auto translate website function, you can try out my site here: www.foodjing.com

We are still working on functionality, but there are over 1000 searchable menus in Taichung there.
Forumosan avatar
Adam_CLO
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

24 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby TJG » 22 Feb 2012, 23:51

Adam_CLO wrote:If you can read Chinese or can use Chrome's auto translate website function, you can try out my site here: www.foodjing.com

We are still working on functionality, but there are over 1000 searchable menus in Taichung there.

Awesome site, thanks!!

Also, I found out what I was doing wrong when looking for good stuff to eat. Had some awesome fresh and superbly cooked fish tonigt! So... Case closed:)
TJG

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby SlowRain » 23 Feb 2012, 22:02

You could also see if Food Jing has any dim sum close to you.
Forumosan avatar
SlowRain
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

12 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Paul2Gee » 23 Feb 2013, 14:22

Please feel free to check out the link for Elephant Restaurant. Its reasonably priced & fresh.

Or at http://www.facebook.com/elephantdish.

Thank-you
Paul2Gee

1 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Taichung & Central Taiwan Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs