bollywood,by far the best curry house in taichung

Moderators: elektronisk, citizen k

bollywood,by far the best curry house in taichung

Postby Chef David » 14 Aug 2006, 18:22

Original Title: bollywood,by far the best curry house in taichung

after trying various different outlets in the quest for the proper curry,I was left desappointed so many times.

last night was very different,I finally stepped in "bollywood",it had taken me a while because previously the place had a "rasta" theme,quite fine for a bar,but for eatery....no sirrreee

then the place was revamped and rebranded,only little itch was that in small font,bollywood presented itself as "kebabish 2"...
having had a terrible meal at the original kebabish,i wasn't rushing to check out this new place.

I am now glad i did,the setting is pleasant,traditional indian music is played (which is a thousand time better than the modern,loud,punjabi we are treated with at andrews)the staff knows what they are doing and knowledgeable in what's cooking,the icing on the cake?.....they speak english :noway:

the meal was served before I had put down the menu,it worried me at first,because this is often a sign of pre-cooked rubbish,but i guess the chefs must have been on the old red bull.....or something. :lol:
the flavour was authentic,fresh,juicy chicken,rice cooked to perfection,and the naan.....pure bliss....

I'll visit again very soon,for I want to make sure it's consistent before I am willing to bring friends or business there,but if my first time there turns out to be what we'll get in the future,I'll definately be back....often
"If you are easily offended by direct aspersions on your lineage, the circumstances of your birth, your sexuality, your appearance, the mention of your parents possibly commingling with livestock, then the world of professional cooking is not for you." A. Bourdain
“If you want to get together in any exclusive situation and have people love you, fine - but to hang all this desperate sociology on the idea of The Cloud-Guy who has The Big Book, who knows if you’ve been bad or good - and cares about any of it - to hang it all on that, folks, is the chimpanzee part of the brain working.” Frank Zappa, 1989
Forumosan avatar
Chef David
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby sandman » 14 Aug 2006, 18:30

Address?
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Taichung Social Club » 14 Aug 2006, 20:26

I have been to Bollywood a number of times, and have never been disatisfied with the food nor the service.
Taichung Social Club
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

Postby Joesox » 15 Aug 2006, 10:59

Taichung Social Club wrote:I have been to Bollywood a number of times, and have never been disatisfied with the food nor the service.
I like Bollywood. The food's great and reminds me of British curry houses.
Joesox
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

7 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 15 Aug 2006, 14:17

Address! Quick, else I'll visit a plague of locusts upon all your houses.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby TomHill » 15 Aug 2006, 14:22

sandman wrote:Address! Quick, else I'll visit a plague of locusts upon all your houses.

Number 2, 'The rumblings,'
Upper buttocks,
Distress.
Taichung.
Eating fish.
Forumosan avatar
TomHill
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)

Postby Taffy » 15 Aug 2006, 14:25

1026 Jianxing Rd
健行路1026號
(04) 2319-2828

If it's as good as people here reckon, I might have to mosey on down to Taichung in the near future...
Taffy
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

104 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby Joesox » 15 Aug 2006, 14:31

Edit: I accidentally posted a PM -- something to the effect of "Don't you Taipei-ers come down here spoiling our Taichung curry house paradises!" ;)
Joesox

7 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby Chef David » 15 Aug 2006, 18:21

why was my title edited?
"If you are easily offended by direct aspersions on your lineage, the circumstances of your birth, your sexuality, your appearance, the mention of your parents possibly commingling with livestock, then the world of professional cooking is not for you." A. Bourdain
“If you want to get together in any exclusive situation and have people love you, fine - but to hang all this desperate sociology on the idea of The Cloud-Guy who has The Big Book, who knows if you’ve been bad or good - and cares about any of it - to hang it all on that, folks, is the chimpanzee part of the brain working.” Frank Zappa, 1989
Forumosan avatar
Chef David

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby redwagon » 15 Aug 2006, 18:48

dablindfrog wrote:why was my title edited?
Because you didn't answer Sandy's question quickly and courteously, and he's the mod.

:wink:
Signature censored.
redwagon
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

1 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Taichung & Central Taiwan Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs