Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Finga's base camp

Moderator: citizen k

Finga's base camp

Postby Ted » 19 Dec 2006, 11:21

Is it just me or has anybody noticed how Dereks wife treats her customers.

No smiles, grumpy attitide and determined to charge you 1nt for her re-used plastic bag.

Any comments?
Ted
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby Josefus » 19 Dec 2006, 11:58

If I could cup your testicles in my hand and warm them, by way of appeasement, I would gladly do so. - TomHill

The women here have jobs which don't involve climbing aboard the Winston Train for a bit of Wu Wu Wu. - Kahna
Josefus
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)

Postby Huang Guang Chen » 19 Dec 2006, 12:28

Is that all there is on Forumosa regarding Fingas? That's damned amazing for such a legendary place!

Before the flurry of fairly recent good grubberies in Taipei Fingas was a core reason the western fare was better in Taichung than Taipei. Of course you never went there for the personalities.

Fingas does fantastic food! 'Nuff said.

HG
I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately. Oh fark it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
Huang Guang Chen
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby pubba » 26 Dec 2007, 12:25

Sorry to bump this old thread..

I have been to Finga's a couple of times, and the food is definitely great - if not a little pricey.

But where else can you find a huge chicken, bacon and avacado burger with fries and gravy in Taichung?

However, the staff there have no social skills at all. I thought maybe it was because I don't speak Chinese (well), but my Taiwanese friends said the same thing.

Go for the food, not the service.

I went for breakfast recently though and they have a new girl working there who did my head in.

She was smiling and chatting with everyone, running around the restaurant and making everyone feel at home. It was a very big departure from the normal level of service of there.

She didn't look Taiwanese though, probably Filipino or Indonesian or another one of those poor 85NT an hour people :(
pubba
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

Postby pubba » 09 Jan 2008, 01:39

I went to Fingas again on the weekend. Fantastic burgers. It's nice to go there once a week and get a really decent western meal.

Again, the service is non existent, but that friendly girl was there again and she was awesome. They even had salt and pepper on the table! Heaven :D
pubba

Re: Finga's base camp

Postby headhonchoII » 13 Jan 2009, 10:59

Finga's is a great culinary establishment, I've actually made stop-offs into Taichung from the highway just to eat there!
It's also the only place where I've had an argument about putting blue-cheese in a sandwich. The chef said no, can't do, saying it wasn't on the menu. Anywhere else I would have walked out but we got the blue-cheese burger instead in the end, something like that. Service is terrible...
Claim to fame: smoothly cruising towards no.11 no.10 on all time greatest poster list.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby jamesara » 05 Nov 2009, 22:11

I've never had any problems while at Finga's. The owner's wife has always treated us greatly, but then we never go in with an attitude of entitlement.
jamesara
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

Postby Brendon » 05 Nov 2009, 23:22

Same. I go there once a month or so and have always had good service. The food is reasonable, and they're happy to do things like giving me a whole pot of sour cream instead of half cream, half salsa.
Brendon
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

Postby headhonchoII » 05 Nov 2009, 23:32

Where's the entitlement...actually the wife is quite friendly if a bit of a stickler. When she's not there things go to pot altogether, but the food...excellent!

As for the place across the road, The Early Bird Dinner...the most insulting boss I ever dealt with. Told me and my wife to eat across the road when I complained that our food (two sandwiches) were 45 minutes late.Didn't even want to listen to what I had to say, just told me 'the place across the road is more suitable for you!'. I asked him how was this possible to wait 45 mins for a sandwich and he told me that it can often be an hour wait on weekends (that's with the place half-full). To make matters worse the food was really bland.....
Claim to fame: smoothly cruising towards no.11 no.10 on all time greatest poster list.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby SlowRain » 07 Nov 2009, 00:03

Yeah, the guy who owns Early Bird has a bad attitude...and his coffee is among the worst in Taichung.

I get my bread from Finga's and will go there for a burger every now and then. I had a Thanksgiving dinner, a pasta, and a steak on different occasions at his old Italian location, but I wasn't overly impressed. Good bread, though.
SlowRain
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Return to Taichung & Central Taiwan Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs