Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Brewpubs

Moderators: citizen k, elektronisk

Brewpubs

Postby mrthumb » 18 Apr 2010, 22:46

Went to Gordon Biersch www.gordonbiersch.com.tw and also the Deluxe Brewhouse www.brewhouse.com.tw on a couple of occasions these past two months. They are both large with more than adequate seating. Gordon Biersch is the more western style of the two and features some very nice (if a bit pricey) pub food. The Deluxe Brewhouse has a more Taiwanese menu with a few western style dishes and some specials that are served Monday thru Thursday. The beer at both places is on tap and a cut above the usual standard. Neither was busy the times I have been there so check them out while you can. The laoban at the Deluxe Brewhouse said they will be starting Live Jazz in May so that may draw in more customers.
mrthumb
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Re: Brewpubs

Postby jdsully8 » 17 Feb 2011, 08:22

I know this is an old post, but, a brewpub called "Reichburg" opened up near the corner of Daya and JinHua http://goo.gl/maps/g4LY One type of beer that comes in different sized cylinder dispensers. Good Taiwanese bar food (especially the tofu) and nice outdoor seating.
jdsully8
38 Posts? I'm a bimbo, baby!

Postby olm » 17 Feb 2011, 11:01

jdsully8 wrote:a brewpub called "Reichburg" opened up

I hope they didn't overdo the "Reich" theme too much :wink:

Note: This is about Taichung
They shall grow not old
As we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them
Nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun
And in the morning
We will remember them
Forumosan avatar
olm
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

Location: Scenic Bavaria, next to a former Messerschmitt factory
16 Recommends(s)
25 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 17 Feb 2011, 11:51

jdsully8 wrote:I know this is an old pust, but, a brewpub called "Reichburg" opened up near the corner of Daya and JinHua http://goo.gl/maps/g4LY One type of beer that comes in different sized cylinder dispensers. Good Taiwanese bar food (especially the tofu) and nice outdoor seating.

Thanks for posting that up...
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1624 Recommends(s)
593 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsully8 » 17 Feb 2011, 13:50

olm wrote:
jdsully8 wrote:a brewpub called "Reichburg" opened up

I hope they didn't overdo the "Reich" theme too much :wink:

Note: This is about Taichung

Haha, yeah... they didn't overdo it too much.

(Also, were you referring to me when you said "This is about Taichung"? Reichburg is in the middle of the city. If not, nevermind.)
jdsully8
38 Posts? I'm a bimbo, baby!

Postby olm » 17 Feb 2011, 14:17

jdsully8 wrote:Haha, yeah... they didn't overdo it too much.

(Also, were you referring to me when you said "This is about Taichung"? Reichburg is in the middle of the city. If not, nevermind.)

Damn, when answering I was scrolling up to see if this here is in some Taichung part of Forumosa, but didn't see anything but the topic title. Now, scrolling down, I see it's in Forum Index » Leisure » Restaurants, Bars & Clubs » Taichung... Sorry if my redundant mentioning of this obvious fact didn't make too much sense :p
They shall grow not old
As we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them
Nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun
And in the morning
We will remember them
Forumosan avatar
olm

Location: Scenic Bavaria, next to a former Messerschmitt factory
16 Recommends(s)
25 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Taichung & Central Taiwan Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs