Is it Dead in Taichung Then?

Moderators: citizen k, elektronisk

Re: Is it Dead in Taichung Then?

Postby jdsully8 » 18 Jan 2011, 11:04

Adam_CLO wrote:Try Fubar (near Daye and Jingcheng Roads). There is a strip there with several foreign run restaurants including PJs, Salut etc.

Pizza at Salut is awesome. Also, Soho7, across from Salut, has great import beers and good sandwiches. 10nt wing night at Fu Bar is fun too.
jdsully8
38 Posts? I'm a bimbo, baby!

Postby Belgian Pie » 18 Jan 2011, 12:20

Shimokitazawa wrote:...

Thanks for the links to those 2 places you mentioned.

Taichung is on a decline? I was told that the city is becoming more modern and a new MRT is being built. This has not meant an increase in live music or open mic nights in pubs, bars and coffee ships in the city, then?

Is there a connection? Transporting your instrument could be easier ... :ponder:
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1 Recommends(s)
60 Recognized(s)

Postby Socrates » 18 Jan 2011, 12:50

plasmatron wrote:Taichung is home to the overwhelming majority of high caliber foreign bands on the island and whilst live venues are limited, the talent pool in Taichung is arguably deeper than anywhere else.

LOL!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
That's a good one mate, never heard that one before! :bravo:
The little I know I owe to my ignorance.
Forumosan avatar
Socrates
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby just_chris » 31 Jan 2011, 17:26

Is Las Vegas still open? A pretty nice buffet not too far from Sogo. My wife's cousin took us there, I guess she figured since we lived in Vegas why not take us to a buffet named Las Vegas. I found it to be quite good actually but my wife informed me that these trendy places tend to fail in Taichung for some reason.

I'll be visiting sans the wife in May and I need to find some places to hit up after the relatives go to sleep, I don't wanna hear that Taichung is dead. That's not good news to see or read.
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Forumosan avatar
just_chris
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby Whole Lotta Lotta » 07 Mar 2011, 22:31

This is an odd title for a thread considering the tragedy that happened at Ala early Sunday morning.
Tra, la, la, la, la, la, la, One banana. Two banana. Three banana. Four...
Forumosan avatar
Whole Lotta Lotta
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)

Location: Somwhere close to comfort and yet always too far away.
6 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Postby Baas Babelaas » 07 Mar 2011, 22:37

This is an odd title for a thread considering the tragedy that happened at Ala early Sunday morning.

What happened WLL?
Forumosan avatar
Baas Babelaas
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

9 Recommends(s)
13 Recognized(s)

Postby Whole Lotta Lotta » 07 Mar 2011, 22:39

Baas Babelaas wrote:

What happened WLL?

You didn't hear. It is in the newspapers. A fire dance performance went awry, set the ceiling on fire, and nine people were killed :cry: .
Forumosan avatar
Whole Lotta Lotta

6 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 07 Mar 2011, 22:45

Whole Lotta Lotta wrote:This is an odd title for a thread considering the tragedy that happened at Ala early Sunday morning.

This thread was started nearly two years ago. Are you insinuating that the OP's not only a horrible person, but clairvoyant, too? :loco:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

888 Recommends(s)
326 Recognized(s)

Postby Whole Lotta Lotta » 07 Mar 2011, 22:52

jimipresley wrote:
Whole Lotta Lotta wrote:This is an odd title for a thread considering the tragedy that happened at Ala early Sunday morning.

This thread was started nearly two years ago. Are you insinuating that the OP's not only a horrible person, but clairvoyant, too? :loco:

Can't say whether or not the OP is a horrible person as I do not know them personally. They may be clairvoyant though. It's just odd that I was looking for reactions to the tragedy on Forumosa and this title comes up.
Forumosan avatar
Whole Lotta Lotta

6 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 07 Mar 2011, 22:57

Whole Lotta Lotta wrote:
jimipresley wrote:

Can't say whether or not the OP is a horrible person as I do not know them personally. They may be clairvoyant though. It's just odd that I was looking for reactions to the tragedy on Forumosa and this title comes up.

Apologies. I misread your post. :bow:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

888 Recommends(s)
326 Recognized(s)

PreviousNext

x

Return to Taichung & Central Taiwan Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs