Tsingtao Brewery in Pingdong

Moderators: elektronisk, citizen k

Tsingtao Brewery in Pingdong

Postby Pingdong » 13 Jul 2011, 05:03

Ok, I am no fan of China and I don't ever buy Tsingtao as its Chinese...but i found out that their restaurant there has 2 for 1 pitchers! I can only resist so much...It makes it in Taiwan, thats my justification.

its light beer liek Taiwan beer, so nothing special (typical monkey piss), but its cheap.

1400 ml pitchers, $120 and its 2 for one on beer if you spend over $100 per person. this month they have live bands (nothing special really) on weekends. The brewery has a decent museum of sorts when its open. Worth a boo if your in the area. Its in Neipu, near the huge Pingdong University. Just outside of Neipu city/town central.

Scared of drinking alone? Our arms dont twist far :discodance:
Pingdong
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

ORIGINAL POSTER
20 Recommends(s)
52 Recognized(s)

Re: Tsingtao Brewery in Pingdong

Postby annually in KHH » 01 Jan 2013, 16:04

Long awaited invite. I am in if youre still in town...years later...and i cant imagine a brewey going under...
annually in KHH
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

1 Recommends(s)
In Taiwan since: 0- 0-2001

Postby annually in KHH » 11 Nov 2013, 00:50

Jan Feb 2014 - anyone in town?

PM from here...
annually in KHH

1 Recommends(s)

Postby leikas57 » 22 Nov 2013, 11:51

Pingdong wrote:Ok, I am no fan of China and I don't ever buy Tsingtao as its Chinese...but i found out that their restaurant there has 2 for 1 pitchers! I can only resist so much...It makes it in Taiwan, thats my justification.

its light beer liek Taiwan beer, so nothing special (typical monkey piss), but its cheap.

1400 ml pitchers, $120 and its 2 for one on beer if you spend over $100 per person. this month they have live bands (nothing special really) on weekends. The brewery has a decent museum of sorts when its open. Worth a boo if your in the area. Its in Neipu, near the huge Pingdong University. Just outside of Neipu city/town central.

Scared of drinking alone? Our arms dont twist far :discodance:

I think Tsingtao is okay. what are some of the better taiwan beers?
leikas57

Postby headhonchoII » 22 Nov 2013, 12:07

Let me think there's Taiwan beer in the green bottle. Then Taiwan beer in the other green bottle. There's Taiwan beer in the blue can. Then there's Taiwan beer in the green can.

Yup.

There's also some okay Yilan German style beers, nothing special.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1836 Recommends(s)
660 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 22 Nov 2013, 15:29

... and TB has two dark beers of 7% only available at selected restaurants, just why don't they sell it at supermarkets?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
92 Recognized(s)

Postby annually in KHH » 02 Jan 2014, 10:31

Lots of views. Hit town today. Anyone up for brewery or drinks in Pingdong?
annually in KHH

1 Recommends(s)

Postby Pingdong » 11 Jan 2014, 22:46

I don't check here often, but I am nearby and am certainly into drinks if people feel like it. pm me is best. note there are police around the area so drink responsibly.

I think Tsingtao is okay. what are some of the better taiwan beers?

they used to hold concerts/contests etc in summer on weekends. i remember one time they were asking kids, yes kids get to play along in drunken style beer games, what is the best beer in Taiwan....and of course they said Taiwan beer. took the cute girls running the show a good 5 mins of super embarrassing attempts to get them to say tsingtao, which apparently was not in their vocabulary yet. I find the standard taiwan beer and tsingtao to be bottom of the barrel of local made stuff with the cheap japanese/chinese imports being the only thing lower....that said tsingtao is easy on the hangovers, the green label taiwan beer can be rough.

we are not drinking tsingtao for the quality but the price....130nt for 2.5 liters.... its a cheap fix not a quality experience.
Pingdong

ORIGINAL POSTER
20 Recommends(s)
52 Recognized(s)

Postby Rogtuok » 12 Jan 2014, 11:39

Hello I'm curently in Pingdong and will be staying here for 2 more weeks I'm up for a beer just send me a pm here.

Btw anyone know any nice pub around Pingdong Kaohsiung were you can sit down have a dring and relax some maby surf a little on the web read a book or have a chat with some friendly locals?
Rogtuok

In Taiwan since: 02 Jan 2014

Postby Pingdong » 12 Jan 2014, 22:26

I believe this would be called a restaurant :) the bars in pingdong are more noisy and drink oriented it seems. but most food places serve beer and are far more relaxed. Kaohsiung might have more in the way of relaxed pubs though. if you find one in Pingdong, let me know as I don't really dig the bar scene that much.

tsingtao is pretty relaxed though, but not really a "bar" feel.
Pingdong

ORIGINAL POSTER
20 Recommends(s)
52 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Kaohsiung & Southern Taiwan Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs