Are there any poppin' clubs in Kending?

Moderators: elektronisk, citizen k

Postby Rav » 25 Apr 2012, 20:58

I know it's a long shot. I heard Kending doesn't really have a nightlife for younger adults, but I was hoping that there might a secret hidden awesome place. :discodance:
Forumosan avatar
Rav
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
In Taiwan since: 02 Jun 1912

Re: Are there any poppin' clubs in Kending?

Postby Dougster » 26 Apr 2012, 00:39

Popping ... as in places to pop pills? You could hang out in the night market, drink beers from 7 - 11, and then head to the beach.
"A pair of quadruple whiskys and a pair of pints please" Withnail
Forumosan avatar
Dougster
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

1 Recommends(s)
13 Recognized(s)

Postby bigduke6 » 26 Apr 2012, 07:33

Rav wrote:I know it's a long shot. I heard Kending doesn't really have a nightlife for younger adults, but I was hoping that there might a secret hidden awesome place. :discodance:

Thank God for that. People generally go to Kending to relax, not to go clubbing.
Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."
The Dude: Jesus.
Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody
fucks with the Jesus.

Mr.Lahey: The shitabyss!
Randy: Mr. Lahey, not another night of the shitabyss, please?!
Mr.Lahey: Ah, fuck it.

If you talk to god, you're religious. If god talks to you, you're psychotic.
Gregory House

I got me a dog and named her Mybitchniggaeater.
2Pac
Forumosan avatar
bigduke6
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

72 Recommends(s)
132 Recognized(s)

Postby Rav » 26 Apr 2012, 18:56

Idealistically, I would relax during the day on the beach and go out and have fun at night all in the same town.
And no... not pills. Just a lively place!

When I went there for Spring Scream, the cops shut down the beaches at night. Do they always do that?
Forumosan avatar
Rav

ORIGINAL POSTER
In Taiwan since: 02 Jun 1912

Postby Steviebike » 26 Apr 2012, 19:26

When I was young (or is that younger?) I liked to party. My tip is to hang out, follow the crowd a bit and get talking, find out where they go, get invited... It worked for me most of the time. Just don't be some wise ass douche, nobody wants one of those hanging around like a bad fart. Equally don't be hobby no mates either. I'm sure you know all this...

I've only been to Kending area once but I noticed some bars with lady boy dance shows. If I was young I would head there for some fun, unless you are too young?
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 26 Apr 2012, 19:48

There are no proper bars there and never have been. Heck there is hardly any proper food there either and they still don't have a pavement. I still love the area though.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1790 Recommends(s)
642 Recognized(s)

Postby Lo Bo To » 26 Apr 2012, 22:00

The Ko Samui bar has a dance floor on the second floor. Last year when I was down there I went to a place that was in the basement of a hotel right in the middle of the strip. I can't remember the name of the place or if it's still in operation though. Then there's always the ladyboy show ;)
Forumosan avatar
Lo Bo To
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

1 Recommends(s)
6 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Kaohsiung & Southern Taiwan Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs