Kaohsiung finally gets a Burger King!!!

Moderators: elektronisk, citizen k

Postby bobepine » 02 Jun 2006, 22:14

Did they have hot-dogs and poutine? The last time I ate BK was in Canmore, Alberta. They had hot-dogs and poutine.

bobepine
bobepine
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

Postby navillus » 27 Mar 2007, 14:11

Went to the hospital today and was pretty disappointed to see Burger King gone. Replaced by some fried chicken shop. Is there another one in Kaohsiung?
"collective madness is called sanity"
Paulo Coelho, Veronika Decides to Die
Forumosan avatar
navillus
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

6 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby Quentin » 27 Mar 2007, 16:17

There are now two in Tainan. One out near the freeway #1, and the other smack in the middle of town, across from the two big department stores on Mintzu Road.
Forumosan avatar
Quentin
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)

8 Recognized(s)

Postby maybin » 08 Oct 2007, 18:49

You are kidding me...it's GONE??
No more Burger King?

My gosh, is it too much to ask for Burger King, something different from McDonald's and MOS Burger (which is so damn good in its own right). We used to have Wendy's but Dave Thomas decided to pull out of Taiwan altogether and they never returned. Shame Shame Shame~!!!!

Burger King, baby. There's like one in Tainan. Who the hell cares about Tainan?? Kaoh is the place to be!! Man, a few Burger Kings, a few Taco Bells, and one or two Hot Dog joints is all that would make Kaoh something better than the bland hick city it is.

Bring on some Int'l food!!!
maybin
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

Postby Mucha Man » 08 Oct 2007, 19:48

maybin wrote:...Man, a few Burger Kings, a few Taco Bells, and one or two Hot Dog joints is all that would make Kaoh something better than the bland hick city it is.

I would think the predominance of crappy "International" fast food outlets would be the definition of a hick town.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

887 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 08 Oct 2007, 19:55

maybin wrote:Bring on some Int'l food!!!

Int'l food?

I know a place that has all the "int'l" food you want ... it's called the USA ...
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
92 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 08 Oct 2007, 20:03

Belgian Pie wrote:
maybin wrote:Bring on some Int'l food!!!

Int'l food?

I know a place that has all the "int'l" food you want ... it's called the USA ...

There's a place in my neighborhood that sells "Alien Food."
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

887 Recognized(s)

Postby maybin » 08 Oct 2007, 20:11

Muzha Man wrote:
maybin wrote:...Man, a few Burger Kings, a few Taco Bells, and one or two Hot Dog joints is all that would make Kaoh something better than the bland hick city it is.

I would think the predominance of crappy "International" fast food outlets would be the definition of a hick town.

Fine, don't import the crappy fast food outlets. Import the 5 star Micheline chefs with world renown reputation. I don't care. As long as it's variety and something other than the local stuff.
maybin

Postby Mucha Man » 08 Oct 2007, 20:52

maybin wrote:
Muzha Man wrote:

Fine, don't import the crappy fast food outlets. Import the 5 star Micheline chefs with world renown reputation. I don't care. As long as it's variety and something other than the local stuff.

I believe there are at least 20 varieties of instant noodles (some with Korean and Japanese flavors) at the local RT Mart so you sir are nothing but a whiner.

Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

887 Recognized(s)

Postby maybin » 08 Oct 2007, 21:01

Muzha Man wrote:[

I believe there are at least 20 varieties of instant noodles (some with Korean and Japanese flavors) at the local RT Mart so you sir are nothing but a whiner.

This is a Burger King thread and I'm whining cause the only one in the city closed down and thus limits the selection of hamburgers.....?

And your suggestion (snide remark) is to go for the substitute of hamburger which is instant noodles?

Ok,dude, granted I'm whining, but you sure ain't helping. But hey, I guess you're one of those old school people who tells the new kids that if they don't like it , go back home to the states, huh?
maybin

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Kaohsiung & Southern Taiwan Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs