Panchos

Moderators: citizen k, elektronisk

Panchos

Postby L-A » 03 Nov 2005, 18:49

Panchos is a stall selling Mexican food. It's open between 11.30am- 11pm Monday to Saturday, it's open on Sunday too, but I can't remember when.

It's on Minghua Rd, near Fuguo Rd (#197 rings a bell).

Went there for the first time about half an hour ago. Chicken burrito is delicious and just 100NT. They have some outdoor seating. And beer. Will definitely be going back!
L-A
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby bobepine » 31 May 2006, 12:43

My wife goes there often but I haven't been there yet. The owner also runs an outdoor version on the main strip in Kending. Only on weekends I think. Again, I've never tried it but it sure smells good. They are smoking busy too.

bobepine
bobepine
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

Postby dangerousapple » 16 Jul 2006, 10:09

You pay restaurant prices but you are eating on the street. The food may be good, but it doesn't justify their high prices.
dangerousapple
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby maybin » 08 Oct 2007, 18:43

It's gone now.

It's a yucky Chinese boring common fast-food-box stall now.

I 've always like Pancho's. The meat tasted salty and really oily and the tacos tasted like it's Filipino' style. But still, where else Could you get Mexican food around Kaoh? Aside from Amy's Tex-Mex and perhaps Hola and Teresa's, Pancho's a good alternative for Fast Food Mexican.

Freakin Shame it's gone. I blame the closed-minded people of kaoh...it's a freaking tragedy there aren't many culturally diverse foods in the city.
maybin

Postby bobepine » 09 Oct 2007, 02:02

maybin wrote:It's gone now.

It's a yucky Chinese boring common fast-food-box stall now.

I 've always like Pancho's. The meat tasted salty and really oily and the tacos tasted like it's Filipino' style. But still, where else Could you get Mexican food around Kaoh? Aside from Amy's Tex-Mex and perhaps Hola and Teresa's, Pancho's a good alternative for Fast Food Mexican.

Freakin Shame it's gone. I blame the closed-minded people of kaoh...it's a freaking tragedy there aren't many culturally diverse foods in the city.

They are still operating, but under a different name at a different location. They are on Heti road about 500 meters north of Yucheng Road, accross from Heti Park. It's now called "The Villa." Same good old Mexican menu items and more. They have decent pizza and they serve beer and other drinks, too. They operated both restaurants for a while but they finally closed down Panchos and stuck with "The Villa."

I think it's worth checking it out. Pm me if you need better directions.

Chris
bobepine

Postby maybin » 09 Oct 2007, 19:28

bobepine wrote:
maybin wrote:
They are still operating, but under a different name at a different location. They are on Heti road about 500 meters north of Yucheng Road, accross from Heti Park. It's now called "The Villa." Same good old Mexican menu items and more. They have decent pizza and they serve beer and other drinks, too. They operated both restaurants for a while but they finally closed down Panchos and stuck with "The Villa."

I think it's worth checking it out. Pm me if you need better directions.

Chris

Thank you so much.

Great info. I'll definately check it out. So glad they didn't abandon kaoh
maybin

Postby sandman » 09 Oct 2007, 19:38

dangerousapple wrote:You pay restaurant prices but you are eating on the street. The food may be good, but it doesn't justify their high prices.

NT$100 for a burrito and you consider this restaurant prices? :lol: That's like less than two quid! God almighty! I shudder to think of what you consider to be a restaurant!
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby maybin » 14 Oct 2007, 16:52

sandman wrote:[

They're Burrito is really good.
I enjoyed the Caesar Salad one, the Grilled Beef one, and the basic ground beef one (well, not so much).

Yeah, it's good for 100-140 nt, but I usually also order those taco rolls, which are pretty good.

I agree it's fast food prices which I like, pretty decent and fair.
maybin

Postby Eros » 12 Dec 2007, 11:56

It's really too bad that they moved. Their old location was cheaper, the service was quicker, and the food was better, IMO.
Eh? What's the point?
Forumosan avatar
Eros
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby Indiana » 12 Dec 2007, 12:25

My husband and I ate there a year ago when we were back in Taiwan for a wedding. The woman who was making the food had a cigarette hanging out of her mouth the whole time and had dirty fingernails (never mind the fact that she wasn't wearing any gloves). Needless to say, I lost my appetite. :s
Forumosan avatar
Indiana
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

5 Recommends(s)
39 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Kaohsiung & Southern Taiwan Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs