Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Any Taiwanese Food Fanatic Out There??

Moderator: citizen k

Any Taiwanese Food Fanatic Out There??

Postby interzonist » 28 Sep 2006, 21:48

I'm looking for foreigners in Kaohsiung who are crazy about Taiwanese food for Lonely Planet interviews. If you are daring enough to try out those funny-looking, funky-smelling Taiwanese dishes, and even LOVE them, you're my guy/girl! Give me a buzz at: 0958-914-345 (Max). Looking forward to chatting with you!
interzonist
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Any Taiwanese Food Fanatic Out There??

Postby Mucha Man » 29 Sep 2006, 00:24

interzonist wrote:I'm looking for foreigners in Kaohsiung who are crazy about Taiwanese food for Lonely Planet interviews. If you are daring enough to try out those funny-looking, funky-smelling Taiwanese dishes, and even LOVE them, you're my guy/girl! Give me a buzz at: 0958-914-345 (Max). Looking forward to chatting with you!

Really? And what LP project are you working on?
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

https://www.facebook.com/taiwantemples
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby almas john » 29 Sep 2006, 00:40

Mucha Man wrote

BUSTED!! :lol: :lol:
almas john
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

Postby Mucha Man » 29 Sep 2006, 00:56

almas john wrote:Muzha Man wrote

BUSTED!! :lol: :lol:

Actually, there's once chance he is legit. But we'll see.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

https://www.facebook.com/taiwantemples
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby sandman » 29 Sep 2006, 12:28

LP has a TV edition too, doesn't it? Wasn't that funny English bloke working for LP? Iain Wright?
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

Postby Belgian Pie » 29 Sep 2006, 12:38

What are you talking about? Rooster testicles, stinky tofu, chicken feet, animal intestines, goose tongues or brains ... chicken ars ?
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby Huang Guang Chen » 29 Sep 2006, 12:43

. . mashed engorged duck liver, horse meat, snails . . .

Weird stuff everywhere.

HG
I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately. Oh fark it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
Huang Guang Chen
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby sandman » 29 Sep 2006, 13:09

Huang Guang Chen wrote:. . mashed engorged duck liver, horse meat, snails . . .

Weird stuff everywhere.

HG

Yeah, except the LP TV show is aimed squarely at fat-arsed mall-grazers. Even tacos are exotic to those kinds of people.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

Postby Belgian Pie » 29 Sep 2006, 13:42

Huang Guang Chen wrote:. . mashed engorged duck liver, horse meat, snails . . .

Weird stuff everywhere.

HG

Smails are daily food in France and ... horse steak is the best thing there is, low colesterol and not injected with any hormones to give more yield ... used to eat all the time in Belgium ... substitute for fucked up beef
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Really, what have you tried? Reviews?

Postby Taiwan_Student » 24 Nov 2006, 19:35

Really, what have you tried? How did you like or dislike it?

Chicken Feet- My wife's family makes it quite often. I kept refusing to try it. After about four year I thought I was finally getting off this rock! I figured, I might as well try it.

It's Good! Better than good they're great! I decided to stay..

Stinky Tofu -This was also my fairwell dish. .. It really smells bad. But it tastes quite good, especially with the pickled "coleslaw" like vegegables. It creates too much gas for me, but once in a while it's ok.

Sesame Chicken Soup with lots and lots of rice wine!. When my mother in law gave it to me, I really liked it. I really could not explain why. Was it those big biting strips of ginger, the loads of speacial dark sesame oil or the strange pieces of chicken (sometime the head) floating in it? My wife said it was the rice wine. She was right!

Goat meat with Tsa Chia! This is really good. I have to be careful though. I have a fish allergy. Tsa Chai is usually a fish based sauce but there is a vegetarian version that is not bad.

There is some great dishes that are unique to Kaohsiung that are featured in this months issue a Kaohsiung Government's Bilingual magazine. They look pretty good. Please share them here...
Taiwan_Student
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Return to Kaohsiung & Southern Taiwan Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs