Escape 41: foreign restaurant/bar on the beach in Kaohsiung

Moderators: citizen k, elektronisk

Postby cfimages » 26 Jul 2007, 22:06

Cool, I know where the university is. Next time I'm down in Kaohsiung, I'll come by.
Forumosan avatar
cfimages
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

184 Recommends(s)
185 Recognized(s)

Postby naguoning » 08 Aug 2007, 17:19

I just want to let everyone know we are holding an "80's party" on Sat. August 18. We will have DJs from 5 pm until very late. Entry is $250 but you get 2 beers. Of course we will have our normal low drinks prices and wide range of food. The party we did in July was quite successful so we have high hopes for this one. We should have a good mix of 80s music so their should be something for everyone old enough to remember the 80s. If you want more details you can see a poster for the part on line at http://www.haskellco.org/escape41/specials.htm
Kieren says TVBS must equal TeleVision BullSh@t, as if we did not know that already.
naguoning
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Postby naguoning » 15 Aug 2007, 12:47

We are very sorry to have to do this but due to some damage to the building that can not be fixed in time because of the weather (we need some OK weather, then it will be done quickly!) we have had to reluctantly cancel the 80's party we had planned for this weekend (Sat the 18th). We will probably still be open (unless the typhoon is really big then) as the damage only affects part of our place. We will still hold this party in the future as I know a number of people were interested in coming. Once again sorry that we have had to cancel or at least delay it for now.
Kieren says TVBS must equal TeleVision BullSh@t, as if we did not know that already.
naguoning

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Postby naguoning » 11 Sep 2007, 17:42

Just want to let everyone know we will be having the 80s party on this weekend from 5 pm onwards this Sat Sept 15th. 4 DJs, NT$250 entry and 2 beers included. The music will be relatively slow, relaxed earlier but we will crank things up somewhat after 10 pm.
For more info see http://www.haskellco.org/escape41/specials.htm
naguoning

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Re: Escape 41: foreign restaurant/bar on the beach in Kaohsi

Postby naguoning » 19 Feb 2011, 11:53

A quick note to say sorry, for the moment we are closed. Thanks to the idiotic actions of our government here... I will post more to explain better soon.
naguoning

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Postby petrarch1603 » 19 Feb 2011, 13:31

Is this the same place that has the thread going about the worst nightmare after living in asia? I remember going to Escape 41 a year or two ago and the guy running the place seemed to be in a really bad mood. He didn't do anything, but his expression was deeply unhappy. After reading that thread I can understand why. It must have been in the middle of all that. Nevertheless I had a good experience that night and I hope to go back again some day.
"Do something every day that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain." -Mark Twain
petrarch1603
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

15 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby ekphrastic » 21 Sep 2011, 11:09

naguoning wrote:A quick note to say sorry, for the moment we are closed. Thanks to the idiotic actions of our government here... I will post more to explain better soon.

Have you reopened? I'm dying for another place to dig in. I heard you moved to the HanShin building- is this true?
EKP
Forumosan avatar
ekphrastic
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

Re: Escape 41: foreign restaurant/bar on the beach in Kaohsiung

Postby naguoning » 21 Sep 2011, 22:27

Yes, it is the place that was on that worst nightmare thread. We have a solution for the outdoor area (see the Chinese language web site www.escape41.com and scroll down to see pics of the outdoor area now).
We have re-opened. But for only the 2nd time in more than 4 years I have closed for a couple of weeks. I have had to go to Australia as my mother is very ill and we don't really have a competent kitchen without me there. I choose to have the remaining staff do a big clean up and get some equipment changed while I am away rather than the place operate badly. We should be back to normal after October 10. Sorry for any inconvenience but I had to travel at very short notice and it was difficult to arrange any better solution.
naguoning

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Previous

Return to Kaohsiung & Southern Taiwan Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs