Zuhause: German food in Kaohsiung!

Moderators: elektronisk, citizen k

Zuhause: German food in Kaohsiung!

Postby golfmade » 28 Jan 2008, 11:18

Thanks to a recent article in FYI South I found out about a fairly new German restaurant in Kaohsiung called Zuhause. http://www.taiwanfun.com/south/kaoping/ ... uhause.htm

I first went there a few weeks ago for dinner and was not disapointed. Granted I've only been to Germany once but I love German food and hadn't found anything remotely close to authentic German food until coming to this restaurant. My wife and I ordered some meals and overall it was very authentic. Bread was delicious, schnitzel was great and even the spaetzle was good (although fried a bit, I guess for Taiwanese tastes).

Even better is a deal, can get 3 different German beers for less than 250NT (I don't recall the exact price sorry). And overall the prices are very fair. With 2 appetizer salads, two main entrees, two desserts and the beers our bill came to less than 900NT.

It's not too far from the intersection of Zhong-Shan and Wu-Fu. It's on a small road parallel to Zhong-Shan.

If you want some German food definately check it out!
Nashville Predators fan living in Taiwan.
Forumosan avatar
golfmade
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby TainanCowboy » 28 Jan 2008, 11:25

Thanks golfmade -

Sounds like it might be worth a trip down to K-Town.

We've a nice place here, Andy's, run by an Austrian fellow & his wife that the wife & boy like. I think they need to try some German grub also!
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Re:

Postby ekphrastic » 21 Sep 2011, 11:44

TainanCowboy wrote:Thanks golfmade -

Sounds like it might be worth a trip down to K-Town.

We've a nice place here, Andy's, run by an Austrian fellow & his wife that the wife & boy like. I think they need to try some German grub also!

Any reviews on this place? Is it still open?
EKP
Forumosan avatar
ekphrastic
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Kaohsiung & Southern Taiwan Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs