Blue Elephant Thai Restaurant in Tainan

Moderators: citizen k, elektronisk

Postby TainanCowboy » 26 Apr 2008, 19:17

Heh...heh...heh....I wondered if someone was going to notice this.

The place is now open and serving. I have not eaten there. But I strongly suspect its a 'Taiwan' knock-off Blue Efelant.'
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby maybin » 27 Apr 2008, 12:13

If anyone is craving the REAL Blue Elephant, they can go to Jason's or any respected supermarket and buy the sauces, the spices, etc. to cook your own Thai-style food.
maybin
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

Postby sandman » 27 Apr 2008, 16:50

I bought a whole bunch of Blue Elephant pastes and sauces yesterday at City Super, even though I don't respect it at all--its just a supermarket. Even though they were happy to sell me several huge ham bones for soup. Yum!
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Blue Elephant does not operate any restaurant in Tainan !!!

Postby peterverwulgen » 02 May 2008, 13:08

Dear friends and Blue Elephant lovers,

The Blue Elephant restaurant in Tainan has nothing to do with the Blue Elephant Group.
Both the Blue Elephant name and logo are registered and owned by the Blue Elephant Group.
For the list of Blue Elephant restaurants around the world please visit: www.blueelephant.com
Thank you Sandman to post the pictures of the real Blue Elephant and the one in Tainan.
I believe the pictures say it all.

Peter
peterverwulgen
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

Postby TainanCowboy » 02 May 2008, 16:00

Well, thats standard procedure here on the island...'Never originate when you can imitate.'
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Kaohsiung & Southern Taiwan Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs