Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Electronic Music in Kaohsiung

Moderators: elektronisk, citizen k

Electronic Music in Kaohsiung

Postby MistaMike » 09 Dec 2008, 16:59

Hey folks!

Just wondering if you can comment on the presence/location of any electronic music hotspots in Kaohsiung.

I just had a look through the threads here, and it looks like nobody's had anything to say about it for about four years. That might be a sign in itself.

Genre-wise, I'll leave things open for the purposes of discussion. Original or remixed stuff, house, drum n' bass, trance, harder stuff..

I'm really looking for the culture as much as the music. I'd love to improve my meager dancing abilities, and meet some cool people with similar musical taste.
"Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day of your life."
Forumosan avatar
MistaMike
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Electronic Music in Kaohsiung

Postby Tempo Gain » 09 Dec 2008, 23:53

Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

309 Recommends(s)
304 Recognized(s)

Re: Electronic Music in Kaohsiung

Postby ozzo » 05 Apr 2009, 20:06

If you're still interested....

Not much going on in K-town at the moment. Has been downhill for a while and and continuing to slide imo. For electronic, you can always count on PP (Private Party Disco), but seems people don't really want to go there much anymore. For hiphop (read: hip-POP) go to Dreams or Lamp. Or for the top 40ish danceable stuff, there's Pig & Whistle (I don't know personally; just repeating what I've heard). You can also try Roof Park. I haven't been there for ages, so I'm not sure what format they're going with now. My guess, a combo of hiphop and house. Probably leaning more towards hiphop. But who knows?

Try Barcode as well. No dancing, but they do have dj's. Mostly lounge style (it's a lounge bar) but they get into funky house as well.

In addition, there's plenty of one-off's at various locations. Subscribe to the Yahoo group "Kaohsiung Living" for updates on those.

I've also been hearing about some place at this location: 218 Zhongzheng 2nd Rd. 2nd Floor Kaohsiung. They haven't posted a name of the place, but give this description: "A Club & Lounge with a beautiful atmospheres and a great sound System." Can anyone attach a name to it??

For actual electronic music, have a listen to some of my tunes: http://www.reverbnation.com/djglenn
Need a Chinese Voice Over?
www.chinesevocal.com
Professional Chinese voice over - several talents to choose from

Field Recording in Taiwan Blog - www.outrecording.com
Forumosan avatar
ozzo
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Kaohsiung & Southern Taiwan Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs