Fine dining in Kao?

Moderators: citizen k, elektronisk

Fine dining in Kao?

Postby gemcxx » 17 Nov 2009, 17:44

Hey All,

I want to take my gf out for a special dinner. I don't have a budget but I am thinking of spending between 1,500 - 3,000 NT each.

Where would you reccommend in Koa?

I tried searching the forums but had no luck. I also tried to google 'fine dining' but couldnt find anything.

I open to suggestions for hotel restaraunts to small boutique places. Even if you haven't been but have heard of a place let me know.

Thx. Look forward to your replies.
gemcxx
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Fine dining in Kao?

Postby Mucha Man » 17 Nov 2009, 17:56

I've heard good things about the Ambassador Hotel. I've only ever been up tp the sky lounge but it had very nice views and would make for a nice pre-dinner cocktail venue.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

728 Recognized(s)

Postby petrarch1603 » 17 Nov 2009, 22:22

I like to tell mine that we're going to McDonalds and surprise her with Mos Burger.
"Do something every day that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain." -Mark Twain
petrarch1603
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

15 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby thebayou » 18 Nov 2009, 00:37

Le maison, le petie chateau, Pasadena, Goulish, Amy's California (the chef is a good friend and has worked in some great places in Chicago, most notably Charlie Trotters).
The ability to make a good steak frites or sole meuniere or cassoulet is a skill that any reasonably coordinated person with good heart and an average work ethic can accomplish. Granted, the ability to prepare these dishes a hundred times a night, at high speed, in coordination with twenty or so other tasks—while listening to Mexican rap and nursing a savage hangover—is not something everyone should attempt. That requires a special breed.
thebayou
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")

Postby Mucha Man » 18 Nov 2009, 00:50

thebayou wrote:Le maison, le petie chateau, Pasadena, Goulish, Amy's California (the chef is a good friend and has worked in some great places in Chicago, most notably Charlie Trotters).

Addresses, numbers?
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

728 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 18 Nov 2009, 01:03

There's a place on the seafront, out past the university. Never been, but it sure sounds pretty damn nice. The guy has posted here before.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby thebayou » 18 Nov 2009, 02:04

Muzha Man wrote:
thebayou wrote:Le maison, le petie chateau, Pasadena, Goulish, Amy's California (the chef is a good friend and has worked in some great places in Chicago, most notably Charlie Trotters).

Addresses, numbers?

Search this site and you will find all you seek.
The ability to make a good steak frites or sole meuniere or cassoulet is a skill that any reasonably coordinated person with good heart and an average work ethic can accomplish. Granted, the ability to prepare these dishes a hundred times a night, at high speed, in coordination with twenty or so other tasks—while listening to Mexican rap and nursing a savage hangover—is not something everyone should attempt. That requires a special breed.
thebayou

Postby petrarch1603 » 18 Nov 2009, 07:13

sandman wrote:There's a place on the seafront, out past the university. Never been, but it sure sounds pretty damn nice. The guy has posted here before.

I was there Saturday night actually. It is a cool place, they have an outside deck right on the shore. You can watch the sunset and listen to the waves while you eat your food. I wouldn't call it fine dining though. The clientele seemed to be mostly college girls from the university. Its called "Escape 41" The address is 41-2 CaiShan, Gushan District, Kaohsiung. Phone is 886-7-5250058.

If you know that coffee shop on the main road where they make the big pot of coffee with the chinese characters in the foam, its down the side street behind there on the shoreline.

Oh, and not that it matters but they have some FINE waitresses there.
"Do something every day that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain." -Mark Twain
petrarch1603

15 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Kaohsiung & Southern Taiwan Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs