Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Adopt Jimmy - the distemper survivor

Please post your messages regarding Animal Rescues, Emergencies, & Adoptions here.

Adopt Jimmy - the distemper survivor

Postby havilina » 14 Feb 2012, 14:38

Hi! My name is Jimmy! Will you adopt me?

I've had it kind of rough so far during my short life, and all I'm looking for is a family to keep me safe, fed, and healthy. You see, until recently, I was stuck in a cage in a shelter in Zhanghua, and in July 2011 they said my time was up and in a few days, I'd have to be "put down," whatever that means. But then this lady in Taipei said she could take care of me until I found a family, so this other nice lady took me out of my cage to send me north!

I was really excited to come to Taipei, but then the doctor told me I was really sick with something called "canine distemper," and I had to stay in another cage until I got better! They said I was lucky because they discovered my distemper very early, and it only took me one month to recover!

I finally got to leave the cage at the hospital, and I hope I never have to see the inside of a cage again! My friend Nell took me on a long car ride, and I got a little sick (car rides are bumpy!), but after many hours, we were in Taipei!

As soon as we arrived, I got to meet my new friends Xiao Shu (this dog who looks a lot like me!), Natasha, and Holly, and now I'm staying with this Holly lady in her house. It's way bigger than a cage, has tons of food, and even has a cat to play with!

Now that I'm getting settled in Taipei, I'm looking for a permanent home. If you think you could love me forever and ever, here are a few things you might want to know about me:

*I'm about 1 year old, male, and full-grown.

*I'm really really sweet, but I don't always understand what people tell me. I've never lived in a house before, so you'll have to be patient with me!

*They said I'm getting "desexed" soon. I don't know what that is, but it sounds like fun!

Holly said to tell you, if you or someone you know would like to adopt me, you can e-mail her at sweethelena@gmail.com OR call her at 0936845447. I can't speak any languages, but she can speak English and 中文, so you can probably talk to her pretty well.

Oh, and she also said to please pass this on! Thank you, people! I love you!

Love,

Jimmy

PS: You can see more pics of me on facebok: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 350&type=1
havilina
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Adopt Jimmy - the distemper survivor

Postby havilina » 23 Mar 2012, 00:13

bump
havilina

ORIGINAL POSTER

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Rescues, Adoptions, & Animal Emergencies