Mange? This guy needs help, would be beautiful if healthy.

Please post your messages regarding Animal Rescues, Emergencies, & Adoptions here.

Mange? This guy needs help, would be beautiful if healthy.

Postby NonTocareLeTete » 19 Apr 2012, 14:34

Can somebody (organization or individual) help this guy? I've already got a foster, 2 of my own dogs, my own cat, and promised myself as soon as this foster goes I'm taking a little break from animal rescue. I'm also considering :cry: just putting him to sleep if I see him again. He was hanging around a local train station (in Yilan County) when I was rushing to work. Just managed to snap these pictures. I refuse to let him suffer and die alone but not in a position where I can help him right now, other than euthanization. I'm starting to wonder if word is getting around that I rescue dogs because a ton of dogs have been abandoned near my place lately.
Anyways, would really appreciate any help/info, otherwise, like I said, I'm probably going to try to get him to the closest vet to put him to sleep.
Hope this photo works:
Edit: Argh....can't get photo to work. I'm not sure how to do it. Don't really want to post my facebook page anyways. Dog looks like he has elephantitus, open sores all over his body. Really sweet dog :(
Forumosan avatar
NonTocareLeTete
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
165 Recommends(s)
227 Recognized(s)

Re: Mange? This guy needs help, would be beautiful if healthy.

Postby TainanCowboy » 19 Apr 2012, 14:41

Is this another thread about Almas John?

Look, the guy is married now. If he is still running through the bush 3/4 naked and picking up a few bugs...well...its up to the tai-tai to sort that out now.

Lord knows he's been dipped and clipped before.

disclaimer - DO NOT try the CNS without a tranquilize gun. Taiwan beer will do in a pinch.
But the results do not "take."
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby Ex Animo » 19 Apr 2012, 14:55

Just right click the photo on your FB page and past the image location here as an image link.

Not sure why you want to kill the dog. Most recover from skin disease by themselves. Regardless, if the dog wanted to die, he would simply stop eating (though not eating doesn't necessarily mean he wants to die).

Try contacting these people for support: http://air.freeshell.org/?&mailform

And also these: http://humaneyilan.wordpress.com/about/

Again, please don't kill the dog. There is always a way if you just try.
sean@thesanctuarytaiwan.org / 0920 620109

Call me for emergency animal rescue; any time of day or night is fine for real emergencies
Forumosan avatar
Ex Animo
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

24 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 25 Mar 1999

Postby NonTocareLeTete » 19 Apr 2012, 17:23

Taiwan Animal SOS wrote:Just right click the photo on your FB page and past the image location here as an image link.

Thanks.Image
Not sure why you want to kill the dog. Most recover from skin disease by themselves. Regardless, if the dog wanted to die, he would simply stop eating (though not eating doesn't necessarily mean he wants to die).

Well, I'd love to help him, except that so far this year I've a.) sent a dog to America who I fostered for a year because I found her on the street with two broken legs b.) taken care of a puppy for a month c.) found a dog with the bones in his paw exposed, got the leg amputated (had to happen) and now have him in my house b.) am helping a friend take care of a tiny puppy who kept me up all night last night.
Let's not even talk about last year.
I live on a second floor apartment with a tiny balcony, already have 2 dogs and a cat, and I'm exhausted. I've made a commitment to myself to chill on the animal rescue cause though I can't stand the cruelty I see every day, what I'm doing (which is kind of f'ing up my life) is barely making a dent.
Try contacting these people for support: http://air.freeshell.org/?&mailform

Nope- "those people" just had a mother and four pups dropped off on her property in the middle of the night (if anybody sees a guy in a blue truck who looks like he foists dogs onto kind-hearted strangers, please give him the finger for me), which makes a total of 12 dogs on her property that one person is taking care of alone.

I haven't seen her since 2010. She tried. It's a big job.
Again, please don't kill the dog. There is always a way if you just try.

It's better than the alternatives--- which as far as I can see are 1.) me giving up any semblance of a life and 2.) him suffering and slowly dying on the streets alone.
Unless 3.) SOMEBODY HELPS!!!!
Sorry for the ranting post. I'm frustrated, tired and have been doing this for waaaaay too long.
Forumosan avatar
NonTocareLeTete

ORIGINAL POSTER
165 Recommends(s)
227 Recognized(s)

Postby NonTocareLeTete » 19 Apr 2012, 17:26

TC- I'd be laughing if I wasn't bashing my damn head against the wall... ;)
Forumosan avatar
NonTocareLeTete

ORIGINAL POSTER
165 Recommends(s)
227 Recognized(s)

Postby Ex Animo » 19 Apr 2012, 22:03

Both those groups can offer support. Please ask them what they can do to help that dog other than taking him in.

NonTocareLeTete wrote:
Taiwan Animal SOS wrote:Again, please don't kill the dog. There is always a way if you just try.

It's better than the alternatives--- which as far as I can see are 1.) me giving up any semblance of a life and 2.) him suffering and slowly dying on the streets alone.
Unless 3.) SOMEBODY HELPS!!!!

That dog has demodectic mange. In most cases, the body eventually rids itself of the disease as the immune system matures. It's painful for sure, but the last thing he'll want is someone to murder him while he's getting over it. He's young, and he has a pain-free future ahead of him and that's what we should be focusing on. I can get some Ivermectin to you, which the dog would need orally every day to help him overcome the infection if someone is willing to go find him every day.

Call me for emergency animal rescue; any time of day or night is fine for real emergencies
Forumosan avatar
Ex Animo

24 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)

Postby Ex Animo » 19 Apr 2012, 23:57

I posted this thread on Facebook and one of my friends went to the Yilan train station but couldn't see him, but then you haven't specified where he is. Can you give some more info (ASAP)?

Forumosan avatar
Ex Animo

24 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)

Postby Battery9 » 20 Apr 2012, 00:31

Don't kill it. It's not your life to take. If you want to help, take it to the vet, let the vet give it some shots, give it some raw chicken to give it some strength and let him go where you found him. Will take an afternoon.
Battery9
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

27 Recognized(s)

Postby Battery9 » 20 Apr 2012, 00:31

Don't kill it. It's not your life to take. If you want to help, take it to the vet, let the vet give it some shots, give it some raw chicken to give it some strength and let him go where you found him. Will take an afternoon.
Battery9

27 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 20 Apr 2012, 09:55

The problem is that the doggi needs a home, a place to stay warm and well fed. Then all it takes is a 300nt bottle of Malaseb, applied at regular intervals, and he'll be dandy and pretty.

I understand why NonTocare thinks he'd be better in doggie heaven. It looks painful, and believe me, from personal experience, having a skin condition that constantly itches gets unbearable. Furthermore, people will stay away from him, they will probably be violent to him out of fear and repulsion to his appearance. He could meet a sad and cruel end, when all he needs is a Malaseb bath.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

759 Recommends(s)
592 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Rescues, Adoptions, & Animal Emergencies