Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Mange? This guy needs help, would be beautiful if healthy.

Please post your messages regarding Animal Rescues, Emergencies, & Adoptions here.

Re: Mange? This guy needs help, would be beautiful if healthy.

Postby Ex Animo » 20 Apr 2012, 21:22

OK . . . so . . . Yuchi can't take him home but has already done everything she can for him and is happy to pay for his treatment. She was going to pay for a single cell at the Yilan dog pound, and of course we don't want that to happen, as he'll likely get a fatal disease there . . . so he's coming to The Sanctuary.

We're full right now, so any help promoting our adoptable dogs would be appreciated, as the more go out, the more can come in. Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151311818170125.812144.887415124&type=1&l=09496340ba

(The pup in the album cover you see here has been adopted already, but we use her gorgeous, sad little face to lure you in.)

Please share that anywhere you can (by email to your friends, in your Forumosa signature, on Facebook, etc.). Thanks!
sean@thesanctuarytaiwan.org / 0920 620109

Call me for emergency animal rescue; any time of day or night is fine for real emergencies
Forumosan avatar
Ex Animo
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

24 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)

Postby NonTocareLeTete » 20 Apr 2012, 22:23

I shared the album on facebook. Beautiful animals. Thank you thank you :bravo:
Forumosan avatar
NonTocareLeTete
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
155 Recommends(s)
209 Recognized(s)

Postby Ex Animo » 21 Apr 2012, 15:28

He's a big boy! Much bigger than he looked in the original photo; he's about the size of a skinny Lab. He's as big as our German shepherds too.

Bruno, as we've named him, is now staying at The Sanctuary, where he'll receive treatment and a very healthy diet to combat his skin condition. He's extremely easy-going, friendly, and well behaved. Here are some photos:

Image Image

Image Image

And a huge thank you to Yuchi, who not only spent all that time looking for Bruno and getting him medical attention, but also for paying for the treatment herself as well as making a very generous donation to The Sanctuary. :notworthy: Yuchi owns and runs a pizza restuarant near National Yilan University, called The Thin Crust. Go check it out and tell her why you're there. :wink:

We'll keep you updated as to his progress. Feel free to come see him!

And if anyone would like to support our work, here is our donation info:

宋安莉 Anri Sung
paypal: Anri0408@gmail.com
Acct.no: 124-20-046128-9
Bank code: 008 (華南商業銀行 Hua Nan Commercial Bank)
東台北分行 Tung-Taipei Branch
Swift code: HNBKTWTP124

Call me for emergency animal rescue; any time of day or night is fine for real emergencies
Forumosan avatar
Ex Animo

24 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)

Postby NonTocareLeTete » 22 Apr 2012, 12:45

He looks better already! :bravo: And I think his name really suits him.
So glad he's got a safe place to stay. I'll be passing donation information on and donating myself on Monday.
Forumosan avatar
NonTocareLeTete

ORIGINAL POSTER
155 Recommends(s)
209 Recognized(s)

Postby Ex Animo » 19 May 2012, 21:04

This was taken a couple of weeks ago; his skin is much better than this now. I'll get some more photos up soon.

Forumosan avatar
Ex Animo

24 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)

Postby Ex Animo » 06 Jun 2012, 22:28

Here are some photos of Bruno we took today:

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

As you can see, his skin has almost completely cleared up, but we're still putting meat on them bones. Bruno gets around 1.5 kg of meaty bones every day, which is far more than he needs, but, typical of dogs with this kind of disease and therefore an immature immune system, weight gain is slow.

He's very friendly and mostly well behaved. Let me know when you'd like to meet him. :)

Forumosan avatar
Ex Animo

24 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)

Postby superking » 06 Jun 2012, 22:35

I haven't said it often enough, if at all, but you really are doing a most amazing and wonderful job in nursing these animals back to health. People like me are arseholes who do nothing, but content ourselves with the fact that we aren't the worse arseholes making these situations happen in the first place.

Hats off to you sir, and all who take in these bruised and battered animals and care for them.
There are millions of people in the world. And none of those people is an extra. They're all leads in their own stories.

If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced. That's why people with no sense of humour have an increased sense of self-importance.
superking
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

91 Recommends(s)
330 Recognized(s)

Postby Ex Animo » 06 Jun 2012, 22:50

Ha! Thank you. But I'm really just doing what I love.

And if everyone was like you and didn't contribute to these guys' suffering, then what a great world it would be. :thumbsup:

This post was recommended by ceevee369 (07 Jun 2012, 00:49)
Rating: 4%
Forumosan avatar
Ex Animo

24 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)

Postby Ex Animo » 10 Jun 2012, 17:31

Forumosan avatar
Ex Animo

24 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)

Postby Ex Animo » 03 Jul 2013, 21:21

Bruno is still residing at The Sanctuary and loving it. The gentle giant's skin problem returned but he's now on the mend again.

Would anyone like to sponsor him? We run a sponsorship program now to bring on regular funds to pay for our animals' basics. NT$1,000 per month, payable at whatever intervals work for you. You get access to a private photo and video album of Bruno and we encourage you to come see him any afternoon you like.

Who would like to sponsor big ol' Bruno?

http://taiwanasos.org/sponsor/?p=562

Forumosan avatar
Ex Animo

24 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Rescues, Adoptions, & Animal Emergencies