Bernese Mountain Dog

Please post your messages regarding Animal Rescues, Emergencies, & Adoptions here.

Bernese Mountain Dog

Postby kaipakati » 02 Jul 2012, 23:10

I have a 2 year old Bernese Mountain Dog for adoption, to only the very best of homes. I took him in as a 3 day old puppy, condemned to death because the white blaze on his nose was a bit wonky. He's an incredibly loving, gentle giant, bigger than average, with paws the size of a lion. He's NOT the ideal breed for Taiwan. He suffers terribly from the heat in summer, and without either clipping or aircon, loses his appetite and doesn't move for six months. He has recurring tendonitis in one paw that flares up if he runs too much, but his joints are fine. His size and hairiness mean he's a lot of work. But he's gorgeous, intelligent, great with children, gets on well with cats and other dogs, and because of his upbringing, he's very close to people. He would love to be a family's special dog. He loves to ride a scooter - yep, he just fits, if it's a big one. He's not terribly demanding, but he loves walks, lying in a paddling pool or puddle of muddy water, chest scratches and the occasional cuddle on the couch. He walks nicely on a lead, and he's trained to sit and wait for attention if anyone folds their arms in front of him, so he's not too intimidating to strangers.

We currently have 10 dogs, most of whom are available for adoption. Ruru has now joined the adoptable list because he's decided that he loves poultry a little too much. He needs a home where he can't love chickens and ducks to death.
We rehomed one other Bernese Mountain Dog to a family who adore him and give him the kind of lifestyle and one on one attention that isn't available in a household full of mutts, and if we could find an equally great family for Ruru, we'd like to give him that opportunity too.

Anyone interested can PM their details to me.
Forumosan avatar
kaipakati
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
5 Recognized(s)

Re: Bernese Mountain Dog

Postby kaipakati » 02 Jul 2012, 23:22

Here he is, just a little fella, at six months old.
Forumosan avatar
kaipakati

ORIGINAL POSTER
5 Recognized(s)

Re: Bernese Mountain Dog

Postby Toe Save » 03 Jul 2012, 00:12

This is my fav breed of dog. I so wish I could take him, but my 20 pinger would be far too small for the 4 of us. Best of luck finding him a home. He'll make a great addition to any family.
Forumosan avatar
Toe Save
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)

55 Recommends(s)
50 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Rescues, Adoptions, & Animal Emergencies