Bobby the Maltese- needs a home

Please post your messages regarding Animal Rescues, Emergencies, & Adoptions here.

Bobby the Maltese- needs a home

Postby Icon » 18 Oct 2010, 17:23

Bobby, a young Maltese, was found wandering Taipei's streets. No chip. Healthy, not neutered. There is probably someone looking for him but so far efforts to find his owner have failed. My own Toto is sick so Bobby cannot stay with me. He needs some boarding and hopefully a permanent home down the line, someone who would not let Bobby stray from his/her side.

Look at those eyes:

Please give Bobby a chance to be loved and cared for. He's currently at the vet for "cleaning". He'll be ready for any home tomorrow.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
759 Recommends(s)
592 Recognized(s)

Re: Urgent: Bobby -Maltese- needs a home/foster

Postby UKbikerchic » 18 Oct 2010, 22:48

if you send me his picture and details by email and also give me a contact number or email, we'll send this out to AT volunteers and members and also put it on our facebook page.

details needed, age (appox), where he was found (street),

my email is liza@animalstaiwan.org
UKbikerchic
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

3 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 18 Oct 2010, 23:01

Found: Huanghe Road, Taipei City

Age: not sure, but nose says young. 3 tops. On the smaller side, very thin now. But with a healthy, thick coat.

Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
759 Recommends(s)
592 Recognized(s)

Postby UKbikerchic » 19 Oct 2010, 00:40

I've posted it on our facebook, and left my contact email. Have you visited all the petstores/groomer and vets in the neighbourhood? Someone will be missing this boy. Did he look like he'd been homeless for a while?
Can you pm me your telephone number and email so if I get any contacts i can call you.

Worst comes to worst we'll find him a new home.

Can you get him neutered?
UKbikerchic

3 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 19 Oct 2010, 09:27

I got a friend helping me out. There are a couple of parks nearby, if someone knows an aixin mama in the area maybe they can keep an eye out for fliers. So far, website and vets have not produced results.

Of course I will have him neutered. :twisted: ASAP. When he is handed over, he's gonna be all set: vaccines, deworming, the works. We're waiting for the "beautifying" process to be over, plus checking his health.

Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
759 Recommends(s)
592 Recognized(s)

Postby UKbikerchic » 19 Oct 2010, 10:06

just sent you an email with someone who is interested in adopting, she's chinese. she saw his pic on our facebook, she has left a phone number if you want to call her. I'll let you know of any other contacts.
UKbikerchic

3 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 19 Oct 2010, 10:31

Great!

I am sorry for the owners if they are somewhere else looking for him -dogs can stray a long way, walk miles, run very fast- but without a chip nor collar, even if someone says that is their dog, how can you prove it? It is like looking for a needle in a haystack. All Maltese look the same to me.

Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
759 Recommends(s)
592 Recognized(s)

Postby UKbikerchic » 19 Oct 2010, 11:24

Yes i also feel sorry for the owners, this is why I think that no matter where you get your animal from it should be chipped immediately, no matter if the animal is adopted or bought (this would also make tracking sellers and breeders easier).

Many people beleive , "ah he/she loves me and stays by my side always, I don't need to chip" All animals no matter how well trained are occasionally spooked or get naughty. But especially non-neutered animals, both female and male. Or the sudden bang of an exhaust, firecrackers, anything can spook a dog.

Collar and chip the only way to go.
UKbikerchic

3 Recognized(s)

Re: Bobby the Maltese- needs a home

Postby Icon » 30 Oct 2010, 22:04

Update:

Toto is back from the hospital and he does not like Bobby a bit. But Bobby is quite submissive around Toto, and follows his elder's lead. He's smart and lovely, a bit insecure of course, he's been through a lot. But with a little work, in a safe and loving home, he'll make a great pet for anyone who likes a lively, active, small ball of energy. He's learning to walk on a leash properly and will soon be taken to "fix". My friend reports no ads have been placed in the area we found him. *sigh*

Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
759 Recommends(s)
592 Recognized(s)

Re: Bobby the Maltese- needs a home

Postby oldie » 09 Nov 2010, 18:30

Icon, I don't know where Huanghe Rd. in Taipei is, but there are people here in Tianmu desparetly looking for their Maltese - about 3 years old (that's all I can make out of the flyers - seeing that it is in Chinese). They are offering a reward of NT30 000 and there are flyers every where. The hair cut looks a lot the same and the dog looks the same (but like you said Malteses look so much the same). Please phone them (I can't speak Chinese or I would have), maybe it is just Bobby. The telephone number on the flyer is 0933 883 683.
If you send me your e-mail address I can send you a copy of the flyer.
oldie
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Rescues, Adoptions, & Animal Emergencies