Bobby the Maltese- needs a home

Please post your messages regarding Animal Rescues, Emergencies, & Adoptions here.

Re: Bobby the Maltese- needs a home

Postby Icon » 09 Nov 2010, 19:21

oldie wrote:Icon, I don't know where Huanghe Rd. in Taipei is, but there are people here in Tianmu desparetly looking for their Maltese - about 3 years old (that's all I can make out of the flyers - seeing that it is in Chinese). They are offering a reward of NT30 000 and there are flyers every where. The hair cut looks a lot the same and the dog looks the same (but like you said Malteses look so much the same). Please phone them (I can't speak Chinese or I would have), maybe it is just Bobby. The telephone number on the flyer is 0933 883 683.
If you send me your e-mail address I can send you a copy of the flyer.

She already saw Bobby, and unfortunately it's not her MilkCandy. The woman at first sounded a bit off the wall, but once you read her blog, and then talk to her, you see she's really nice and just not leaving any rock or cranny unsearched for her doggie. She really cares about him and I sincerely hope she does find him.

At first I thought, no way, it can't be Bobby, but then the vet said: what if someone took him away, then he got away from his captors but in a strange place? Could be. So we met. She was so hopeful when I walked in but as soon as I opened the carrier she knew it was not hers. :cry: *sigh*

BTW, Bobby got neutered today. He's got his chip now -under my name, but that can be changed- so he's almost ready for a good home.

Huanghe is a very long road, but where we found him is in Wanhua. He was trying to merge up the expressway...
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
732 Recommends(s)
573 Recognized(s)

Postby omerojs » 12 Nov 2010, 13:20

Hey Icon, so what is the status now between Bobby and Toto? are they getting along?
Just about Everything can be done in Taiwan!!
Forumosan avatar
omerojs
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

5 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 12 Nov 2010, 14:43

To be brutally honest, not so much: they either ignore each other, compete on who eats more/faster or gang up in barking against the cats... He's very peaceful at home but Toto fights back every shadow... Anyway, I walk them separately, but I haven´t lost any weight.

Bobby was getting quite plump before his operation but now he´s not that confortable so he's trimmer. He's giving me the "you took my manhood away" look.

Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
732 Recommends(s)
573 Recognized(s)

Postby omerojs » 15 Nov 2010, 10:06

Hey one suggestion, dont walk them separately... if you walk them with discipline, and by that I mean that you walk in front and the dog on the back, the dog will understand his roll on the "pack" so its strongly suggested that you walk them both at the same time, one on each hand if you feel better like that, keep them short on leash at the beginning and always next or behind you... this will help them to get along better !!!
Forumosan avatar
omerojs

5 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 21 Nov 2010, 22:21

Well, Toto can't go out a lot these days, he's not feeling that well... except if he wants to defend his territory from Bobby or the cats or whatever. Ayayayayay...

Anyways, Bobby is doing well training wise. He does not make his business indoors anymore. Sleeps like a baby in his crate at night. Eats without much fuss and basically is doing OK. His neutering went smoothly; however, he's got a boo-boo in one paw, which needs dressing and daily bandage change. Plus he has to wear the cone of shame. He hates it. Can't blame him.

Today, I took him to the new park near Carrefour. It's got a little pond with a duck and fishies. There are trees and aromatic flowers and walkways and stuff. You can imagine he was so excited, he loved it. We spent about an hour there and left as it was getting kind of crowded. I hope the weather stays fine so I can take him there more.

Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
732 Recommends(s)
573 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 12 Dec 2010, 22:37

So, Bobby is transitioning into raw food. He started with half a chicken breast a week ago. First, he sniffed it like what the heck is this? but as he saw Toto ripping it apart, he gave it a go. Success! He loved it.

So today I gave him a whole one. I don't think he can go out for his last walk. Poor thing is belly up in his bed, with a look of regret in his face like the one I get after a big all you can eat buffet/huo guo feast.

Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
732 Recommends(s)
573 Recognized(s)

Postby omerojs » 16 Dec 2010, 09:09

Hey Icon, so far you have no people interested in taking bobby right... i will keep and eye on any on interested...
Forumosan avatar
omerojs

5 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 16 Dec 2010, 10:16

Well, I was waiting for his paw to get better, now it's well, so he can go into the market OK, LOL. He still has stuff to learn but we can make the transition with a new owner while teaching him stuff.

Oh, and he's got a new hairstyle. I had kept his original style in faint hope someone would recognize him. But it simply got too long. I told the groomer Bobby was unconfortable since every time he bent to eat, his ears would end up blocking his way.

So the groomer shaved his ears. :eek:

I'll put a picture when the hair grows back.

Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
732 Recommends(s)
573 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 02 Jan 2011, 13:00

Bobby in the park.

Not his Sunday best, but rather Toto's hand-me-downs, but keeps him warm.

Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
732 Recommends(s)
573 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 09 Mar 2011, 17:57

Update: That same sweater is fitting him rather snugly these days, for the fuzzy eater he is. Now, with the sweater on so tight, pushing his longer hair down, he looks as if he's wearing MC Hammer pants.

He still has a bit of things to learn, and can't be let go of the leash. But it is normal for a puppy, I guess. He's a ball of energy, I'm telling you. And it doesn't help I am not good at training: when I say "No", he sits. When I call his name, he sits. When I say "Sit", he pretends he's deaf. *sigh*

Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
732 Recommends(s)
573 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Rescues, Adoptions, & Animal Emergencies