Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Wild bird rescued

Please post your messages regarding Animal Rescues, Emergencies, & Adoptions here.

Wild bird rescued

Postby kage » 03 May 2011, 13:59

My dogs managed to find a one-footed fledgling, unable to fly.
If I leave it out, the cats will get it right quick.
I need advice on food and care ( isn't there a wild bird rehab place down south?)
It has a long narrow beak, making me think it may be a nectar-eater.
The last two birds I tried to help didn't make it, so help is appreciated and welcome.
Thanks, K
Forumosan avatar
kage
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recommends(s)

Re: Wild bird rescued

Postby Mucha Man » 03 May 2011, 14:10

I've written to a few people I met at the bird race and conference over the weekend. Will let you know when I get a response.

You could also call the Chinese Wild Bird Federation in Taipei (8863 1252) or Wild Bird Society of Taipei (23259190) in the meantime. Richard is also going to try to find some numbers when he gets home shortly.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

747 Recognized(s)

Postby kage » 03 May 2011, 18:54

Thanks so much!!!
Forumosan avatar
kage

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recommends(s)

Postby Stray Dog » 03 May 2011, 19:28

We just rescued an injured bird too. There's a bird guy in our community who's going to take him/her. Are you not in Taipei right now?
SUPPORT ANIMAL RESCUE WHEN SERVICING, SOURCING, REPAIRING, OR BUYING A CAR THROUGH AUTOCHECKERS!

I'm NOT SO ACTIVE HERE ANY MORE. IF YOU NEED HELP WITH AN ANIMAL RESCUE OR DOG-BEHAVIOUR ISSUE, PLEASE EMAIL ME AT s e a n i m a l s @ g m a i l . c o m OR CALL 0920 620 109. THANKS!

Want to learn how the dog whisperer does his magic? Learn the simple but highly effective tricks to bringing about positive change in your dog: http://seanimals.blogspot.com/

"I will be quoted in someone's signature, even if I have to do it myself!"—Stray Dog
Forumosan avatar
Stray Dog
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

3 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby kage » 03 May 2011, 22:58

Yes, I am in Taipei - in Neihu.
Trying to feed it a mixture of blueberries, baby food, an baby cereal through a syringe.

Tried taking some pictures and all overexposed. sigh. It is a baby. Can't stand due to the missing foot.

Tired! Try for bed.
Forumosan avatar
kage

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recommends(s)

Postby kage » 04 May 2011, 13:57

Tried to take it to the vet today. Vet was closed, and the bird was dead when I got back.

I'm 0 for 3 with birds. I like them about as much as tiny kittens.
sigh...
Forumosan avatar
kage

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recommends(s)

Postby the chief » 04 May 2011, 14:07

Check with Josefus, I'm sure he can recommend a way for you to make some buck off the deal...
"Got to hurry back to my hotel room
Where I got me a date with a pretty little girl from Split"

You're driftin' out of touch, Doc. G_d help us all.

"They wanted Hellboy, they got Hellboy."
-superking

Fully ordained Dudeist Priest, CLDD in good standing, available for weddings, funerals, and league semifinals, PM me.
Forumosan avatar
the chief

24 Recommends(s)
73 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 04 May 2011, 14:10

kage wrote:Tried to take it to the vet today. Vet was closed, and the bird was dead when I got back.

I'm 0 for 3 with birds. I like them about as much as tiny kittens.
sigh...

Sorry for your loss. At least, he died in a warm place and with a caring hand.

If you want him to be preserved for eternity, my coworker would be glad to help: he's a taxidermist.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

635 Recommends(s)
502 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 04 May 2011, 14:55

icon, that is a bit creepy. kage, sorry to hear the little guy didn't make it.

Oh, for anyone interested, if you call the Wild Bird Society of Taipei (2325 9190) they can direct you to a local vet or what-not to take an injured wild bird. They have an English language option when you call though not sure how good the English level is.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

747 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 04 May 2011, 15:23

He's serious about it. He's actually a biologist and those "models" actually enhance knowledge. So, they did not die in vain.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

635 Recommends(s)
502 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Rescues, Adoptions, & Animal Emergencies