Click here to go to our new forums at
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

australian divorce papers

Procedures, processes, and the legal basis for divorce in Taiwan, including all related problems and pitfalls, child custody, alimony payments, abandonment, extra-marital affairs, and other complications...
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

australian divorce papers

Postby gg1965 » 22 Feb 2012, 10:40

hi all,

I am in australia and my taiwanese ex-wife is in taiwan (after doing a runner from here). anyway, we are finally going through the divorce process, I have done the paperwork, sent it to her and she did her side of it, signed it and got it witnessed by a family member who works for the Taipei government. She sent it back to me and I submitted it to the family court here in australia but they do not accept the witness.

They have said that she needs either a JP or a "Notarised Public" person to witness her signature. I told the family court of the circumstances and they said that she could go to the Business office in Taipei and someone there will witness her signature. That is fine if she didn't work and the Australian Business office was convenient to where she lived. They couldn't say if there are any other alternatives.

Does anyone know who can witness her signature. Can someone in the police station, a bank or local government office do this and provide a similar service to a JP?

I really want to get this all finalised and not drag on because of witness limitations.


Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)
Posts: 72
Joined: 29 Apr 2006, 05:52

Re: australian divorce papers

Postby Mr He » 22 Feb 2012, 11:20

How about telling her to take the documents to a notary public? They usually perform that service, and it's not expensive.

I would not know where there are any in Taipei, I know of 2 in Zhongli, which is an altogether smaller place.In Chinese, a notary is a 公正事務所.

They way want translations and what have you not, however again, up to her.

Alternatively, does the Australian Trade Office in Taiwan perform similar services?
Jeg er hvad jeg er.

Bring Zain back!
Mr He
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)
Posts: 10503
Joined: 31 Oct 2000, 17:01
Location: Near the tower of doom

Re: australian divorce papers

Postby tsukinodeynatsu » 24 Feb 2012, 15:56

If you know a JP in Australia, you may be able to get him to stamp her signature. Though it's technically illegal.
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Posts: 1822
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 14:40
Location: Tainan

Re: australian divorce papers

Postby Satellite TV » 26 Feb 2012, 11:40

tsukinodeynatsu wrote:If you know a JP in Australia, you may be able to get him to stamp her signature. Though it's technically illegal.

Yes and there are many people who can sign it in Taipei. Secondly any JP that is going to sign a document without witnessing the signaute deserves not to be a JP. How did he witness the signature when the person is in Taiwan and hye is in Australia. Do you think people cannot realize this?

Simply put the pseron in Taiwan should get off their arse and go to ACIO or ask ACIO if there are any other JP's they know of in Taipei or just use any Notary Public in Taiwan. It's not like they are also hard to find.
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
User avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Posts: 7071
Joined: 18 Jun 2004, 11:10

   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Divorce

Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 3 guests