Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Divorce in 2012

Procedures, processes, and the legal basis for divorce in Taiwan, including all related problems and pitfalls, child custody, alimony payments, abandonment, extra-marital affairs, and other complications...
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: Divorce in 2012

Postby Mr He » 05 May 2012, 12:21

She has a police report?

Have you been to the police station or got any letters?

In which case you should get a lawyer.

If she manages to convince a Taiwan judge that you battered her, APRC will not be in the cards, you are likely looking at 2 months in the smaller and a deportation on top.

Stay married for now, and do not sign anything. patch things up, hell sleep with her if it makes her happy, but pull the time to you hvae 5 years on your JFRV, and then apply. You will need her help to get it, important.

I got my second divorce 3 weeks ago. She used the threat of a lawsuit to get half a million, fork over with a smile. I rather pay her off than go to court. The medical report showed a sprained ancle, by the way, however given that I run a business here and I rather not endanger anything, I was willing to do most in order to have her and the court case go away.

Marriage is an evil cult.
Jeg er hvad jeg er.

Bring Zain back!
Mr He
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)

57 Recommends(s)
84 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 05 May 2012, 13:48

"marriage is an evil cult" ----------- so appropo its not even funny. And yet? Why do we do it again (and again for some) ?

Sorry to hear Mordeth. I hope it all works out for you and your little tyke. And also for your wife (soon to be ex).

LIfes a beee-ache sometimes.

I went from not being able to live without her to not being able to live with her , to missing her being gone to being so happy im gone !
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

590 Recommends(s)
371 Recognized(s)

Postby Mr He » 05 May 2012, 13:51

I will marry the first woman I make preggers, or not marry at all.
Jeg er hvad jeg er.

Bring Zain back!
Mr He
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)

57 Recommends(s)
84 Recognized(s)

Postby Omniloquacious » 05 May 2012, 15:26

Mr He wrote:I will marry the first woman I make preggers, or not marry at all.

And thanks to the snip, you ought to be able to remain safely single for the rest of your days. Oh, lucky man!
If I prioritized the acquisition of wealth above other purposes in life, I might still have come to Taiwan to study Chinese, but I doubt I would have remained here.
寸金難買寸光陰
Forumosan avatar
Omniloquacious
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

67 Recommends(s)
191 Recognized(s)

Postby Mr He » 05 May 2012, 15:47

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marriage is a massive transfer of power from male to female. Unless kids are on the horizon, I see no reason to embark on that again.

- She wants security? Mutual trust has nothing to do with a marriage license, and what does she want security - IE money for if there are no kids and she can work?

- Commitment? You must be bad at putting your woman at ease if she needs a paper before she trusts you.

- What others think? If what her family and friends think are more important than your relationship, then your relationship is not meant to be.

Cohabiting couples in Europe are consistently happier than married folks, go figure.

I would in my heart prefer to live the way people are suggested to do in "Sex at dawn", a good read.
Jeg er hvad jeg er.

Bring Zain back!
Mr He
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)

57 Recommends(s)
84 Recognized(s)

Divorce in 2012

Postby headhonchoII » 05 May 2012, 18:55

Cohabiting couples in Europe live in Europe, whereas we all live in Taiwan where there is no social welfare and cohabiting is not recognized. It's not a valid comparison.

And I'm not convinced that their kids will be happier when they break up as they often do. Notice a lot of me, me, me going on.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1623 Recommends(s)
593 Recognized(s)

Postby Mordeth » 05 May 2012, 20:31

She has a police report?

Have you been to the police station or got any letters?

No, police never contacted me in person or through mail. She just went down there to fill out a report. I've done the same against her. I highly doubt it's on either of our records since no charges were actually pressed.....but I could be wrong.
Forumosan avatar
Mordeth
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)

ORIGINAL POSTER
13 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Postby Mr He » 09 May 2012, 11:32

headhonchoII wrote:Cohabiting couples in Europe live in Europe, whereas we all live in Taiwan where there is no social welfare and cohabiting is not recognized. It's not a valid comparison.

And I'm not convinced that their kids will be happier when they break up as they often do. Notice a lot of me, me, me going on.

If u do not have kids?

Don't give me that security crap. That what greedy women say.
Jeg er hvad jeg er.

Bring Zain back!
Mr He
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)

57 Recommends(s)
84 Recognized(s)

Divorce in 2012

Postby headhonchoII » 09 May 2012, 11:45

What's that they say, no smoke without fire.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1623 Recommends(s)
593 Recognized(s)

Postby Steviebike » 09 May 2012, 11:50

Might be time to do some healing and let the personal bitterness go?

You want hate and anger, you will get it. You want to hate someone you can. Where will it get you?

Someone hates you? Stay calm even though it's not easy, every time you do you will have gained so much respect for yourself.

Good luck. I feel for anyone who is going through psychological hard times – regardless of how you got there.
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.

This post was recommended by 2 Forumosans: Mordeth (09 May 2012, 20:46), tsukinodeynatsu (10 May 2012, 00:39)
Rating: 8%
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Divorce