Divorce in 2012

Procedures, processes, and the legal basis for divorce in Taiwan, including all related problems and pitfalls, child custody, alimony payments, abandonment, extra-marital affairs, and other complications...
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: Divorce in 2012

Postby Mahalo » 07 Jul 2012, 08:59

Dear all,

I'm new into a forum, but need help after reading all the posts in regards to divorce here in Taiwan.

I'm A US citizen, married to a Taiwanese here in Taiwan, I,m asking for a divorce and we have a 3 yrs. Old. The father says he will give me the child custody rights, but am now worry of my ARC card ass it expires on August.

We plan to goto the household registration to signed the divorce agreement on July 20th.

Please help, in regards to being deported with an expire ARC, I still got boxes to pack , and am planning to fly back to US in august with my child.

thank you
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Posts: 1
Joined: 07 Jul 2012, 08:40


Re: Divorce in 2012

Postby Mr He » 09 Jul 2012, 10:05

In that case move the document signing to say one week before you fly, you would still need to have it legalized before going back anyways, in case you were registered as married in Taiwan.
Jeg er hvad jeg er.

Bring Zain back!
Mr He
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)
Posts: 9691
Joined: 31 Oct 2000, 17:01
Location: Near the tower of doom
45 Recommends(s)
69 Recognized(s)




Return to Divorce

Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 1 visitor

You can adjust the size and position of any window on your computer. Drag the top strip to move it; drag the lower-right corner (Mac) or any edge (Windows) to resize it.
More tips from David Pogue