Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Divorce but assets in her name

Procedures, processes, and the legal basis for divorce in Taiwan, including all related problems and pitfalls, child custody, alimony payments, abandonment, extra-marital affairs, and other complications...
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: Divorce but assets in her name

Postby tommy525 » 21 Jul 2012, 08:02

People can be hard to understand sometimes (sometimes all the time). Sorry for your hardships . Lets hope it all works out well. But what is unusual is that she still wants romantic relations with you. Maybe you can delve deeper into what this all means?

Most people that want a divorce wouldnt want anything to do with the other. This isnt the case here so maybe your marriage can be saved and the problems worked out.

One thing to watch out for, is she suicidal?

Her wanting a divorce and yet wanting relations with you is a red flag.
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

590 Recommends(s)
371 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanTom » 21 Jul 2012, 08:59

It's very weird. I do feel helpless, frustrated, sad, but not angry. We both know its bad to drag it out. Don't know how it happened but we both didn't want any unpleasantries and we somehow separated our relationship and our marriage into separate things. I would like to save both so much. I keep on thinking I want to leave after the paperwork. I've dragged on relationships before and I know a nice clean break is best. I don't know if its even possible to be saved and I feel guilty for thinking otherwise even though its the most likely scenario. I hope I'm being reasonable and I'm not being pessimistic about this. I am trying. I posted this not because I want to save the marriage, which is the thing I want the most in life but because I knew it has gotten past that point.

As for trying to work on her feelings and figure everything out, there is a huge solid wall on all information concerning that. I am sure she doesn't know what's happening but that hasn't stopped her from drawing a line in the sand. Suicidal, hope not. On medication for depression for many years, yes. Does she want to change medication, no. Does she want to talk about it, no. Does she want to wait until all the stressful things are finished and we are relaxed to talk about divorce, no. Does she want to talk to anyone, no. Has she solved many problems in her life by running away, yes. Is it extremely frustrating to have my marriage end and not be able to talk about it, yes. Basically, she wants this and its not negotiable.
TainanTom
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby dan2006 » 21 Jul 2012, 10:56

I have no useful comments since I am not married but I want to say how sorry I am to hear about this situation.

I hope you feel better soon. Everything gets better with time, even times when I thought I would never let something go, time fixed a lot of it.

I do hope everything works out between you.
Forumosan avatar
dan2006
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

60 Recommends(s)
78 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 21 Jul 2012, 12:25

I lived together with my gf for two years in TAiwan and we fought constantly so we tried marriage. No duh it didnt last beyond the second year. But even so we waited another two years for the dust to settle (after i moved out) to sign on the dotted line.

Sign on the line if it comes to that but give it some time !

If you have to leave, leave. Dont let her get in debt to pay you off. Let her have a chance to find her way again. Support her where you can. And if that means leave her alone for awhile, then do that.

If it goes that way, fly back and sign on the dotted line. IT only takes a few mins to sign.

It seems to be danged if you do and danged if you don't. And there really seems no easy solution. But I think give you two a break from each other and let clearer heads come together again after a spell and work out whats best.

AT least thats what I think I would do .
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

590 Recommends(s)
371 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Divorce