Annul, reverse, or cancel a Divorce

Procedures, processes, and the legal basis for divorce in Taiwan, including all related problems and pitfalls, child custody, alimony payments, abandonment, extra-marital affairs, and other complications...
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Annul, reverse, or cancel a Divorce

Postby tango42 » 04 Jun 2009, 14:38

Bit of an odd question for a friend of a friend of a friends's friend. Just so no one knows who is not talking about who we are not talking about...

Is it possible?
What is the procedure?
Any experience or ideas at all on how to get information?

They apparently officially filed at a local office, and have now decided that they don't want to do it.
“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Posts: 1787
Joined: 02 Mar 2005, 16:46
Location: Taipei
5 Recommends(s)
29 Recognized(s)


Re: Annul, reverse, or cancel a Divorce

Postby Juba » 04 Jun 2009, 16:02

When I got divorced in the UK (proceedings initiated by my wife), they gave us several chances to change our minds. Once you have the final document (decree nisi or something) you are officially divorced and then you can marry either the same person again or someone else. I imagine it's a similar situation in Taiwan.

I'd be quite happy to remarry my ex-wife but unfortunately she wouldn't want to.
Forumosan avatar
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)
Posts: 3953
Joined: 12 Feb 2002, 17:01
Location: Taibei City not far from the Combat Zone.
7 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)


Return to Divorce

Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 1 visitor

Life is not long, and too much of it must not pass in idle deliberation how it shall be spent -- SAMUEL JOHNSON