Some answers about divorce in Taiwan

Procedures, processes, and the legal basis for divorce in Taiwan, including all related problems and pitfalls, child custody, alimony payments, abandonment, extra-marital affairs, and other complications...
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: Some answers about divorce in Taiwan

Postby housecat » 13 Dec 2011, 06:54

Your lawyer in HK should be talking to his lawyer in Taiwan. You should also find out if there's a way to file criminal charges against him in HK for trying to avoid the HK court's decrees. If you don't have a lawyer, then find one quickly if you care how this turns out.
Forumosan avatar
housecat
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)

95 Recommends(s)
113 Recognized(s)

Postby candidate » 13 Dec 2011, 10:15

The husband is joining in the divorce case in hk, but at the same time he is applying for divorce in TW, and there is a hearing date scheduled. He is trying everything under the sun to delay the decree from getting absolute in HK. And trying to proceed with the one in TW.

For the problem of jurisdiction i cannot attend the hearing in TW, what I want to know is if tw court knows there is a hearing in hk already and has jurisdiction (agreed by the husband, and ordered by the hk court) and I have an anti-suit injunction against him. but he still goes to tw and do it. so I am worried that he will get a decision if I don't' attend in TW divorce hearing. If i did not recieve the petition can the judge make a judgement without my presence?
candidate
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby Mr He » 13 Dec 2011, 10:45

A very strong recommendation is to talk to your lawyer NOW. And get a TW lawyer onto it ASAP.
Jeg er hvad jeg er.

Bring Zain back!
Mr He
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)

41 Recommends(s)
54 Recognized(s)

Postby Satellite TV » 13 Dec 2011, 11:29

housecat wrote:Your lawyer in HK should be talking to his lawyer in Taiwan. You should also find out if there's a way to file criminal charges against him in HK for trying to avoid the HK court's decrees. If you don't have a lawyer, then find one quickly if you care how this turns out.

Criminal charges? for what? It's a civil matter
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

27 Recommends(s)
38 Recognized(s)

Postby mercy5986 » 21 Dec 2011, 14:08

can i ask is there any body can answer my question?how can I know if I was already divorced in taiwan?im now in phil
mercy5986

Postby REPLICANT » 21 Dec 2011, 17:35

mercy5986 wrote:can i ask is there any body can answer my question?how can I know if I was already divorced in taiwan?im now in phil

Did you sign divorce papers and go to the household registration office to have them accepted there?
Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave!
Forumosan avatar
REPLICANT
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")

12 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby mercy5986 » 21 Dec 2011, 17:48

yes..before my taiwanese ex husband come here in phil he ask me to sign a paper so i wanna know if im already divorced in taiwan but we dont have communication now..
mercy5986

Postby Belgian Pie » 21 Dec 2011, 17:53

Never sign papers without knowing what's in it!
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1 Recommends(s)
60 Recognized(s)

Postby mercy5986 » 21 Dec 2011, 18:32

so is there any way i can find out if im divorced in Taiwan?
mercy5986

Postby Northcoast Surfer » 21 Dec 2011, 19:10

mercy5986 wrote:so is there any way i can find out if im divorced in Taiwan?

You need to hire a lawyer and/or come to Taiwan. Preferably both! :bow:
Forumosan avatar
Northcoast Surfer
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
176 Recommends(s)
142 Recognized(s)

PreviousNext

x

Return to Divorce