hexuan wrote:Anyone can post any old guff here. Would it perhaps be better to enforce use of the template ?
hexuan wrote:I wonder where people might go to discuss jobs posted here ? Should there be a Job List Discussion forum as well ? Do they need to discuss the jobs ?
hexuan wrote:What will happen to the classifieds ?
gus wrote:I figure people should discuss positions in other forums. Teaching positions seem appropriate for discussion in the Teaching in Taiwan forum -- I hope you guys haven't narrowed your mandate to only curriculum and policy discussion.
1. The "career" link on the front page is broken. You're obviously tweaking that now I see.
2. Having the job listings in the forum part causes them to be hidden. They blend in with the rest of the posts that people are making. Which leads to #3.
3. Since they are in the forums, they use the fonts and format of regular posts which is substandard IMO compared to what you had before. It looks less professional.
4. If there is more than one contact person, the names get cut off in the left-hand column.
5. Casual forum readers now have job listings pop up as unread posts.
6. Combining the teaching jobs, the "career" -type jobs and the "hire me!"posts all in one group looks unorganized and gives our applicants lot to wade through to find our job openings.
Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 1 guest