I'm done with my ROC military service!!!!

Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

I'm done with my ROC military service!!!!

Postby rahimiiii » 13 Aug 2005, 00:29

On Monday I get to walk out of the hellhole I've been in for a year in a half with a discharge paper. Man that place must be the worst hellhole in the world. For some reason ROC Military officers acts like they dont even know what they want. They will tell you to do this, then a few days (or hours) later tell you to do something completely opposite.

...... Plus (from talking to most enlisted guys) most feel that they would rather be in the US military (even though their training is harder) because they feel that there are always ways to get promoted, like an NCO can become officers if he performs well, but in Taiwan that is impossible. Also most joined up because of money, or "just want to get it over with (waited years for draft that never came...)", but almost nobody joined up because they love their country and want to defend it. I just think the rates of CO's getting killed by their subordinates (or vice versa) is going to be sky high in event of a war.......

Yea after Monday I will have paid my debt to my country (whatever the hell that is....... )
rahimiiii
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Re: I'm done!!!!

Postby redwagon » 13 Aug 2005, 01:00

rahimiiii wrote:For some reason ROC Military officers acts like they dont even know what they want. They will tell you to do this, then a few days (or hours) later tells you to do something completely opposite.
Sounds just like my boss.
"Meet the new boss, just like the old boss"

Try not to be too disappointed on Civvy Street. :wink:
Signature censored.
redwagon
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

1 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby Shin-Gua » 13 Aug 2005, 03:46

Congrats. :bravo:
If you're gonna bitch, GO HOME!
I think for myself, so don't ask me for references to other peoples thinking.
Youall better pull your head out of your arse, 'cause if you don't, your brain will still be having sex!
Shin-Gua
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby maoman » 13 Aug 2005, 11:03

rahimiiii wrote:Yeah, after Monday I will have paid my dept to my country...

Congratulations and good on you for doing your duty. Taiwan's position is precarious, and although the military is an inefficient organization and wastes a lot of its resources, there is no doubt that it is necessary to Taiwan's peace and prosperity. You have also made your contribution. Come to a Happy Hour, and I'll buy you a beer. :bravo: :thumbsup:
Forumosan avatar
maoman

76 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanCowboy » 13 Aug 2005, 11:28

rahimiiii -
Congrats on your service and welcome back to civilian life.
Be proud that you did what a lot of no-nut wussies fear having to do. Its over - good job.

You are correct about the difference in US Mil service and Taiwan service.
As to the "...the rates of CO's getting killed by their subordinates (or vice versa)..." part of your post - No one really expects many in the Taiwanese Military to have any weapons in their hands if the PLA comes to visit.

Goos luck in your future.
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby Satellite TV » 13 Aug 2005, 16:42

rahimiiii wrote:, like an NCO can become officers if he performs well, but in Taiwan that is impossible.

Really, my wife's brother was promoted from a private to an officer after being invited to take and pass the officer training test this year.. and he doesnt have anything higher than senior higher school quals.
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

Postby rahimiiii » 13 Aug 2005, 17:42

Satellite TV wrote:
rahimiiii wrote:, like an NCO can become officers if he performs well, but in Taiwan that is impossible.

Really, my wife's brother was promoted from a private to an officer after being invited to take and pass the officer training test this year.. and he doesnt have anything higher than senior higher school quals.

Actually you can as a private if you train as officer you become one, but NCO can never become officers... But I think that NCO should be based on merit, because I've seen too many NCO that shouldnt be one.
rahimiiii

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Postby Satellite TV » 13 Aug 2005, 18:16

rahimiiii wrote: But I think that NCO should be based on merit, because I've seen too many NCO that shouldnt be one.

Never heard of a grunt who likes his NCO or thought they could do a better job. :D :D :D
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV

Re: Im done!!!!

Postby shifty » 22 Dec 2005, 10:31

rahimiiii wrote:On monday I get to walk out of the hellhole I've been in for a year in a half with a discharge paper. Man that place must be the worst hellhole in the world. For some reason ROC Military officers acts like they dont even know what they want. They will tell you to do this, then a few days (or hours) later tells you to do something completely opposite. Plus (from talking to most enlisted guys) most feel that they would rather be in the US military even though their training is harder because they feel that there are always ways to get promoted, like an NCO can become officers if he performs well, but in Taiwan that is impossible. Also most joined up because of money, or "just want to get it over with (waited years for draft that never came...)", but almost nobody joined up because they love their country and want to defend it. I just think the rates of CO's getting killed by their subordinates (or vice versa) is going to be sky high in event of a war...

Yea after monday I will have paid my dept to my country (whatever the hell that is...)

Hey man congrads!
I respect the fact that you stepped up to the plate and did your duty. I know so many rich momas boys who buy their way ouy with trips every 3 months. They are also the first to yell "I am a taiwanese! This is my country!"
wankers :wink:

Even if your tour of duty was a waste of time, you did what was asked of you.
:notworthy:
What's long and hard on a forumosian?...
Grade 3.
Forumosan avatar
shifty
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

32 Recommends(s)
8 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 22 Dec 2005, 10:41

I just think the rates of CO's getting killed by their subordinates (or vice versa) is going to be sky high in event of a war...

Ah yes, the dreams of the enlisted man! lol

Congrats man! Job well done! :bravo:
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Military Conscription