Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

THERE IS NO MYSTIQUE IN YOUr US PASSPORT

Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: THERE IS NO MYSTIQUE IN YOUr US PASSPORT

Postby Feiren » 20 Oct 2009, 17:33

Why should you enjoy the benefits of an ID card if you are not prepared to fulfill your duties as a citizen. Especially when military service is just 12-14 months now.

DDL980 wrote:This is an add on. How scary is the TW government in finding you. Put this way, I just found out yesterday when i handled matters at the military service office and got my ID card, that for the past 20 years the TW government gave me a fake ID number. That's right. When everything was still done by paper, some guy wrote my ID number as RXXXXXX1XX instead of RXXXXX7XX. So for the last 20 years in Taiwan I was not considered, as "left the country" I was considered a person that just vanished off the face of the earth.

Guess what despite all this confusion, entering and exiting Taiwan on pretty much a non existant ID number from 1989 to 1997. The TW government STILL managed to link up my US passport to my ORIGINAL ID number, which WAS not used to apply for my green card or US residency status. From an idiot's standpoint and someone with no deep knowledge of how intricate the government is(like myself). I should have been completely untraceable. They should not even be able to link up my correct ID number with my green card or US passport. BUT, they somehow did and they probably had no problems in doing it either.

So once again don't take the TW government lightly and think you are above the law by virtue of your US passport. If they can hunt me down when I was inadvertently using a wrong ID number think about what they could do to you.
Feiren
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

Postby Satellite TV » 20 Oct 2009, 17:34

Poagao wrote:I spilled some mystique in my passport and it burned holes in it. I suggest gloves.

I've never had a US Passport even though I'm a dual national and did not have to do military service. Luckily I was considered too old at the time and now for sure I am :D
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

Postby DDL980 » 20 Oct 2009, 19:50

[quote="Feiren"]Why should you enjoy the benefits of an ID card if you are not prepared to fulfill your duties as a citizen. Especially when military service is just 12-14 months now.

Morally we don't deserve benefits. Legally we can get it and most of us don't feel morally restrained enough not to do it.
(You might not like that anwser but it's truth and I won't make any lies about not being any sort of a leech).

I personally thought making sure we didn't ARCs was a dumb idea. Now we can pretty much work here and not have to pay that 15 percent monthly tax rate and still avoid the army. oH YEAH as for benefits. All I have is a lower tax rate. The only other stuff I got , is a foreigner's bank account I opened with an ARC and a prepaid SIM card.

the mystique. LOL mystique is just an Aura. Yeah I was stoned the other day and some guy was talking about Lambeau field.Home of the NFL's Green Bay Packers having some mystique(magical properties) since they've only lost 3 playoff games there. Glad u guys had some fun with that. HAHAHA
DDL980
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby DDL980 » 20 Oct 2009, 22:44

Mystique if you look in dictionaries is more or less having mysterious properties even magical. Most TW people IE your parents somehow think. The US passport is like some magical anti- military service shield and you'll often hear them say stuff like, "OH they can't do anything to you if you use your non ROC passport"
DDL980

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby maoman » 20 Oct 2009, 23:05

Elegua wrote:
tainancowboy wrote:One of my former passports had a stamp from Mustique (actually Saint Vincent and the Grenadines)

You visiting Keith Richards?

No shit, that's a pretty nice place to be slumming. :eek:
maoman

Postby BroonAle » 20 Oct 2009, 23:31

TainanCowboy wrote:One of my former passports had a stamp from Mustique (actually Saint Vincent and the Grenadines)...is that close enough?

You didn't down a bottle of gin and shag Princess Margaret while you were there by any chance did you? She used to hang out in Mustique and spread 'em quite a bit, I heard.

BroonAsks
BroonAle
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)

Postby leejaokai » 07 Jul 2010, 19:50

Question...I have both Taiwan and USA passport...I cannot apply for "oversea chinese status", neither can I give up my Taiwanese passport. I entered Taiwan with my USA passport, but there's a chance I can get caught and sent to Army....But I am in love with a girl here....What should I do? people suggest I do the Substitute army service starting next april....but that's still quite a long time from now, im scared to even extend my visa because that will increase the chance of me being caught.......
leejaokai

Postby TwoTongues » 07 Jul 2010, 23:23

Elegua wrote:Christ. STOP TALKING SO LOUDLY. This is a mileading title. I thought it would be a thread by a Taiwaner about mixed nationality marriages.

One of my former passports had a stamp from Mustique (actually Saint Vincent and the Grenadines)

You visiting Keith Richards?

No no no, thats where all that sweet red goop they put into Shirley Temples comes from (not the blood of 7 year old boys). And I've already put in my order for one of those Blue Mystique passport models the chief is peddling, I'm really excited to see how it plays out when I go to claim mine at US immigration on Sunday, hee hee!!!!!
"Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber." - The Dude
TwoTongues
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

Postby jimipresley » 07 Jul 2010, 23:27

Satellite TV wrote:I'm a dual national

Really? Man, that's FASCINATING! Why have you been keeping it a secret for so long. Please tell us more about it! :pray:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

In Taiwan since: 07 Apr 2001

Postby tommy525 » 07 Jul 2010, 23:53

Buttercup wrote:
tommy525 wrote:You can check out anytime but you can never leave......Taiwan.
Even if you got a US passport.
You will be back.

Not true. I'm not American, though.

hey hey old thread but ha@bcup. YES YES YES you did go back !! nyuk nyuk nyuk :)
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Return to Military Conscription