Military Service even after full fill in MS another Country?

Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Military Service even after full fill in MS another Country?

Postby jamie79 » 01 Nov 2009, 00:53

Hello Everybody,

I am new to this Forum and thank everyone for their input, as all comments are helping and the forum is really a great community.
To my situation now.
I am born in Germany in 1979 and my parents where still Taiwanese citizen, so when I was born I got a Taiwanese Passport.
My Parents never registered me in Taiwan (hukou), so I never got an Taiwanese ID (Shen Fen Zheng).
When I turned 16, the German Home Registry asked me, in order to get my German ID I need to give up my Taiwanese Passport.
Now I am 30 and regained my Taiwanese Passport two years ago and am in posses of a dual nationality but not citizenship.
I would like to get the Taiwanese citizenship in order to work in Taiwan and also live in Taiwan, without getting affected by military service, as I was in Military service in Germany.
I am not sure how many people are affected from such situation, but I would be interested if I still need to undergo the MS in Taiwan to gain the Citizenship, as I served in Germany already.
Does any one have an idea if I would need to serve if i finished my duty in Germany ?
From another post some people suggested to call the local military office, and this will be my next step on monday.
Any input is welcome and I will keep everybody posted about the process of becoming a proper Taiwanese Citizen.
Thanks in advance. (XieXie da jia de zhichi).
jamie79
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Military Service even after full fill in MS another Country?

Postby bobl » 01 Nov 2009, 10:06

If you served in another military, you are exempt from ROC service. But you must have proof of service from the country you served in.
Bismark posted some details in antoher thread.
He is a SA that served in the SA Navy, he is now applying for ROC citizenship. Look in the dual citizenship forum.
Elvis has left the building.
bobl
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

Postby guanbatt » 02 Nov 2009, 10:53

According my own experience, it does not count at all!
I was lucky not to apply for TWN citizenship, otherwise I had to do MS again.

Ansonsten wünsche ich dir viel Spass auf Forumosa xD

Wenn du weitere Fragen hast, schreib mir ne PM
guanbatt
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

Postby Satellite TV » 03 Nov 2009, 00:53

guanbatt wrote:According my own experience, it does not count at all!
I was lucky not to apply for TWN citizenship, otherwise I had to do MS again.

Ansonsten wünsche ich dir viel Spass auf Forumosa xD

Wenn du weitere Fragen hast, schreib mir ne PM

SEEING AS YOU HAVE NEVER APPLIED THEN YOU DONT KNOW. I did not server MS after applying for ROC citizenship and I also have friends who have not as they have done military service elsewhere.
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

Postby guanbatt » 03 Nov 2009, 09:15

SEEING AS YOU HAVE NEVER APPLIED THEN YOU DONT KNOW. I did not server MS after applying for ROC citizenship and I also have friends who have not as they have done military service elsewhere.[/quote]

... no need to shout xD.. I can hear / read your comments..

Are you sure? Because a friend of mine, did applied for ROC citizenship, because someone told him that he does not have to serve MS again because he already did. A few weeks after he received his citizenship, a letter from the military came and he had to serve MS again... He just came out of MS a few months ago...

I also have a few conversation with the Taiwanese military office and they also said that I have to do MS again.. To be honest I am a bit confused....

Dont take it wrong again SatelliteTV, I am not telling you that you are wrong, just saying that I have another experience, and I am also very thankful if you can prove me wrong...

*peace & handshake*?
guanbatt
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

Postby jamie79 » 05 Nov 2009, 14:59

Thanks everyone for your input. No I am really confused.
However I hope i can give you some update about this too.
I will ask in the military office next week and post again, when I got an answer.
Not sure if maybe the 84 rule is also taking into account, any one got an idea ?
jamie79

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby jamie79 » 06 Nov 2009, 14:04

wow now I am really confused.
My Gf asked for me at the local military service.
They told her following stuff. :eek: :loco:
As a ROC passport holder without a ID (shen fen zheng) i can stay as long as I want, and they will not harm me.
It is important that I, neither my parents, never ever applied a hukou, so registered me in Taiwan !!!
If i apply for a ID i will need to leave the country every four month in order not to be pulled by the army until I am 36 years old. Even though I had been servicing in another army. :doh:
So hope you can understand why I am confused now.
Maybe someone got more details about this big confusion.
Thanks in advance and praying for everyone :pray:
jamie79

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Edgar Allen » 06 Nov 2009, 14:47

That sounds fairly clear cut to me.
You are under 36 and therefore must serve if you take Citizenship - and you stay in the country more than 4 months.
If you choose not to take Citizenship you could stay for 6 years and then take it
get fit in your own time, no equipment, no gym membership - www.ludusfit.com
Forumosan avatar
Edgar Allen
KTV Is My Life (jiùshì ài chàng KTV)
KTV Is My Life (jiùshì ài chàng KTV)

2 Recommends(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Military Conscription