Using Tai bao zheng

Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Using Tai bao zheng

Postby unihead » 16 Feb 2010, 11:58

I was born before 84 and currently 29 years old. I have an overseas stamp on my ROC passport, got my Taiwan ID just last year. I was doing the 4 month leave and re-entry and now planning to relocate to Shanghai. Does anyone know if using a tai bao zheng to enter China will affect the 4 month clause or not? Thanks.
unihead
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Using Tai bao zheng

Postby Satellite TV » 16 Feb 2010, 18:14

unihead wrote:I was born before 84 and currently 29 years old. I have an overseas stamp on my ROC passport, got my Taiwan ID just last year. I was doing the 4 month leave and re-entry and now planning to relocate to Shanghai. Does anyone know if using a tai bao zheng to enter China will affect the 4 month clause or not? Thanks.

Well China isnt part of Taiwan so yes you are considered to be out of country.
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

Postby unihead » 20 Feb 2010, 19:03

From what I gather, taibaozheng does not include a work permit. Is there any difference if I get a work permit under my US passport?
unihead

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Satellite TV » 20 Feb 2010, 23:50

unihead wrote:From what I gather, taibaozheng does not include a work permit. Is there any difference if I get a work permit under my US passport?

But you enter enter and stay in CHina for 1 year on a Taiboa and it's much easier for Taiwanese to get work permits.

Just need the employment offer as you don't need a Z visa :D
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV

Postby unihead » 03 Apr 2010, 11:20

So I tried applying for a taibaozheng with a travel agent and they they are saying that I need to renew my passport since it doesn't have my taiwan id on it. If I renew my passport in taiwan, will this cancel out my overseas chinese status? Will it also mean I would have to renew it at a TECO office in US?
unihead

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby bismarck » 03 Apr 2010, 23:55

Satellite TV wrote:
unihead wrote:From what I gather, taibaozheng does not include a work permit. Is there any difference if I get a work permit under my US passport?

But you enter enter and stay in CHina for 1 year on a Taiboa and it's much easier for Taiwanese to get work permits.

Just need the employment offer as you don't need a Z visa :D

We need work permits in China? So....what they're saying is we are a foreign country. :twisted:
World Champions 1995, 2007; Tri-Nations champions 1998, 2004, 2009; Grand Slam Champions 1912/13, 1931/32, 1951/52, 1960/61; Defeated British & Irish Lions 1903, 1924, 1938, 1962, 1968, 1980, 2009
Super 14 Champions 2007, 2009, 2010
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Second of all, as in all honeymoons, all is well until it is not. It is until the unexpected happens that you will see all grievances surface -ask anyone in any relationship. The girl can chew with her mouth open, that if you love her, you do not care. If you do not lover her, if her pinkie toe is half an inch deviant, the relationship is doomed. - Icon
Forumosan avatar
bismarck
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

150 Recommends(s)
143 Recognized(s)

Postby Satellite TV » 04 Apr 2010, 11:00

unihead wrote:So I tried applying for a taibaozheng with a travel agent and they they are saying that I need to renew my passport since it doesn't have my taiwan id on it. If I renew my passport in taiwan, will this cancel out my overseas Chinese status? Will it also mean I would have to renew it at a TECO office in US?

No it wont cancle your overseas status if you are not in Taiwan. Yes you need your ID card number in your passport to get a Tai Bao Zheng
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV

Postby unihead » 04 Apr 2010, 15:31

Satellite TV wrote:
unihead wrote:So I tried applying for a taibaozheng with a travel agent and they they are saying that I need to renew my passport since it doesn't have my taiwan id on it. If I renew my passport in taiwan, will this cancel out my overseas Chinese status? Will it also mean I would have to renew it at a TECO office in US?

No it wont cancle your overseas status if you are not in Taiwan. Yes you need your ID card number in your passport to get a Tai Bao Zheng

So I should go renew my passport out of Taiwan? Would this be possible without having to leave the country?
unihead

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby smithsgj » 11 May 2010, 22:23

If I go to work in China, I need to get my employer to sponsor me for a work permit, as I'm not Taiwanese. My son, however, is Taiwanese.

1. Can I take him in on a Taibaozheng? (his UK passport has expired, and it's just going to be a lot cheaper, and I think less hassle)

2. Would his Taibaozheng be valid for a whole year (like my foreigner work permit would be)?

3. The British authorities would have to look after him if there were a war, since they would have to look after his dad? Or not?

4. If this is not possible/advisable, and he gets a PRC visa for UK citizens instead of a TBZ, the employer has said that his birth certificate (he was born here) must be notarized by a "Chinese embassy". I've replied to tell them we don't have a Chinese embassy in Taipei, lol, already, but maybe a Forumosan has some idea what to do here?

EDIT: Sorry, just realized this is totally the wrong forum. Well I'll leave it for a day and see what happens.
smithsgj
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Military Conscription