Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Do I need a criminal record?

Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Postby Matchstick_man » 15 Jan 2005, 21:18

Great joke. I like the one in the movie Ihaka-Blunt Instrument Temeura Morrison plays a cop. Customs official "Ihaka-that's a Maori name. A Maori cop! That's a change around. Ihaka "Just remind me which one of us descended from criminals.
Matchstick_man
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)

59 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby Comrade Stalin » 20 Jan 2005, 13:51

MJB wrote:Nice..........

I got hitched back in 91 after already being here for almost 6 years.........The police record was by far the most troublesome document to aquire. I ended up getting one from my Grandparents area, even though I have never lived there. It took 4 damn months!

Please don't for a second take for granted the amount of hassle you have just been relieved from!

I went to Guam and got mine. Took about 5 days. I then took it to TECO and the idiots lost it. :roll:

http://www.teco-us.org/guam.cfm
"I got very well acquainted with Joe Stalin, and I like old Joe! He is a decent fellow." - Harry Truman after the Potsdam Conference
Comrade Stalin
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

4 Recognized(s)

record check

Postby Ironman » 20 Jan 2005, 14:38

MJB wrote:Nice..........I got hitched back in 91 after already being here for almost 6 years.........The police record was by far the most troublesome document to aquire. I ended up getting one from my Grandparents area, even though I have never lived there. It took 4 damn months!!

Australia is easy. No fingerprints when I did mine and seems to be still the same with $36.00 and 10 days.

http://www.afp.gov.au/afp/page/Employme ... hterms.htm
Forumosan avatar
Ironman
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

Re: record check

Postby twocs » 24 Apr 2005, 11:51

Ironman wrote:
MJB wrote:Nice..........I got hitched back in 91 after already being here for almost 6 years.........The police record was by far the most troublesome document to aquire. I ended up getting one from my Grandparents area, even though I have never lived there. It took 4 damn months!!

Australia is easy. No fingerprints when I did mine and seems to be still the same with $36.00 and 10 days.

http://www.afp.gov.au/afp/page/Employme ... hterms.htm

Can I get an ARC based on marriage with a police record that did not use fingerprints?

I can get a CCRD without fingerprints, but will it work for me?

Already checked with Ironman and he wasn't sure.
“You cut taxes and the tax revenues increase.” — President Bush, February 8, 2006
On the Ineffectiveness of Tax Policy in Altering Long-run Growth. Journal of Public Economics. 66(1) 99-126

'''____'''__'''__'___''''''''
....(_.`_)\/\/')`\/.'_)'__).....
'''''''''|.|\.'`.`/()'\'(_\_`)''''''''
.......\_)'\/\/\__/\__)_/........
""""""""""""""""""""""
twocs
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)

Postby Bu Lai En » 26 Apr 2005, 14:43

Can I get an ARC based on marriage with a police record that did not use fingerprints?

My NZ police record didn't have fingerprinting.

Brian
I have news. Good news from Notting Hill. The consignment of white gold for Mr Anderson has arrived.

http://theboolion.wordpress.com/ Image
Forumosan avatar
Bu Lai En

15 Recognized(s)

Postby jlick » 26 Apr 2005, 16:28

Neither did my US one. I just went to the local police headquarters, had to show ID and they gave me a letter saying I didn't do it. If you tell us more about where 'back home' is for you, perhaps someone from there will be able to give specific advice. In general, they will accept just about any official letter from any law enforcement agency in your home country saying you haven't comitted a crime.
SUBWAY™ eat fresh! Free wireless Internet access at both Jimmy's Sandwich Company locations:
SUBWAY™ Qingcheng Restaurant: Urban One 1F #1 Qingcheng Street, Taipei. (Nanjing East Road MRT station)
SUBWAY™ Minquan Jilin Restaurant: #74, Section 2, Minquan East Road, Taipei.
Forumosan avatar
jlick

8 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Certification