How to get a Single Certificate while in Taiwan

Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

How to get a Single Certificate while in Taiwan

Postby rob_the_canuck » 25 Mar 2005, 18:16

Okay, well I figured the easiest way to solve my dilemma was to just go straight to the source, the Banqiao District Court where I'm getting married.

They told me that I can use the single certificate that I get from the Canadian Trade Office (CTO), which has to sign/stamp it when they give it to me. Then I take the certificate to MOFA, which then checks it and signs/stamps it. Then I take it to BOCA (i just love the names of these places...) which proceeds to double check the possibly incomplete and irregular work of MOFA by once again checking over my certificate and then they sign it and chop it. Voila! I'm now allowed to reserve a date for my wedding!

Again, to all the very considerate folks here, thanks much for all your help and advice! it was very much appreciated! I hope this posting will help someone out if they find themselves in a similiar situation!!
Forumosan avatar
rob_the_canuck
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Bu Lai En » 25 Mar 2005, 20:52

Maybe this is just the Banqiao court being difficult. I never had to take mine to MOFA. Got it stamped by TECO in my country, translated by my wife and myself, then we took it to the (Jilong) district court. I don't see why MOFA would have to see it at all.

Brian
I have news. Good news from Notting Hill. The consignment of white gold for Mr Anderson has arrived.

http://theboolion.wordpress.com/ Image
Forumosan avatar
Bu Lai En
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

13 Recognized(s)

Postby citizen k » 28 Mar 2005, 14:21

Same here; issued by the Canadian Trade Office (who charged what I thought was a rather steep amount for it!) and no stamping by the MOFA or BOCA. Typical Taiwanese logic at work here, though; the more stamps it has, the more authentic it must be!

Congratulations and be patient with all the bureaucracy. It's the happiest day of your life, so after all the running around is done, take the time to enjoy it!

Best to you and your bride!
citizen k
"Drinks for the House!"

4 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Postby butcher boy » 28 Mar 2005, 18:05

Bu Lai En wrote:Maybe this is just the Banqiao court being difficult. I never had to take mine to MOFA. Got it stamped by TECO in my country, translated by my wife and myself, then we took it to the (Jilong) district court. I don't see why MOFA would have to see it at all.

Brian

I think I must have got lucky. I got mine stamped by the UKFCO and the pretend Taiwan Embassy in London, but I never got it translated. In fact I never saw it before the wedding as my father-in-law sorted out the paperwork. (I was subjecting the wife to her final pre-marriage test - three days in Hong Kong watching the 7s for between 6 and 8 hours a day! She passed :lol: ).

My advice is to get your father in law to sort out the Taiwan end. Firstly he will be more in tune with what works re implementaion of Taiwanese 'rules'. Secondly, he will keep going till the problems are solved so as not to seem incompetent to the funny fella marrying his beloved daughter.
'I strongly recomend if you only ever read one book in your life... you keep your f**king mouth shut' (Banksy?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYnL5oUePM8...take the hint Bobby M
Forumosan avatar
butcher boy
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

Location: London, but I'll be back... it's just taking longer than I thought

Postby redwagon » 28 Mar 2005, 18:27

Bu Lai En wrote: I don't see why MOFA would have to see it at all.
I had to get mine chopped by MOFA. I couldn't get a certificate of singleness as that's not issued where I come from, but no-one seemed to notice that as long as it had the right stamps on it. What a nightmare, issuing office -> TECO in issuing country -> MOFA in Taichung -> district court. That was four years ago, in Taichung. As always, YMMV.
Signature censored.
redwagon

1 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Re: How to get a Single Certificate while in Taiwan

Postby pizzaon » 10 Sep 2012, 10:46

Hi everyone,

So, what do you need to bring to the Canadian Trade Office to get the singles certificate?

thanks in advance!

p
你娘卡好啦, 我叫的是腰仔吃到的是睪丸, 幹.
pizzaon
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

x

Return to Certification