Mongolia

Post here for topics related to life outside of Taiwan, whether it's jobs in China, restaurants in Shanghai, or re-adjusting to life back home.
Forum rules
Post here for topics related to life outside of Taiwan, whether it's jobs in China, restaurants in Shanghai, or re-adjusting to life back home.
Keyword searches: Shanghai

Re: Mongolia

Postby Gman » 01 Sep 2011, 12:27

Good points and to a degree understandable, sometimes there's no place like home. However, I'm from Vancouver and I feel Vancouver is much nicer than Taipei and certainly nicer than Taoyuan county. But, I certainly don't tell this to every Taiwanese aquaintence I make here and if I did state that view, it would be a single statement made one time instead of a multi hour rant (after all that's what Forumosa is for)
Gman
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

30 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Postby TheAmericanNomad » 02 Sep 2011, 03:55

So just to clarify, I shouldn't worry too much about the exit visa then?
Forumosan avatar
TheAmericanNomad
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

ORIGINAL POSTER
7 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby Gman » 04 Sep 2011, 19:04

There's a section of various articles on CNN's website right now. Just a heads up.

http://edition.CNN.com/

Edit: had a better look. Nothing too in depth. You can also find it in their "Eye On" section
Gman

30 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Postby lilimuru » 26 Jun 2013, 00:18

hi, i just followed your discussion.. time has passed now, so where did you go? did you go to teach english in mongolia after all?

i just have my CELTA and am willing to do the same.. can you recommend a place where i could apply?

thanks!

xx
lilimuru
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby makdiu » 10 Nov 2013, 04:39

TheAmericanNomad wrote:That is good to hear, perhaps the claims of violence is just a sensationalist media.

Eh, it's not sensationalist. I have a friend who did Peace Corps there for 3 years. She told me numerous stories of violence against foreigners. IN some instances just walking up to a foreigner on the street and breaking her kneecaps or, in the case of a foreigner male, ganging up and fighting dirty (hitting you from the back, etc.)

YMMV but be forewarned.
makdiu

Postby Mchonos » 28 May 2014, 16:31

I'm mongolian and I don't approve that xenophobia thing we have.if anything it has to be that "random white dude acting funny thing" though i hate to generlaize.we friendly we good.ganging on one?we never do that.its about 1 on 1 all the time
Forumosan avatar
Mchonos
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Greater Forumosa